Scarpa Kailash GTX Hiker

nmmuley

Does anybody have any comments/personal experiences they would be willing to share regarding these hikers from Scarpa? All the reviews I'm finding online seems to indicate they are a great pair of hiking boots. In addition, they won the 2008 Backpacker Magazine's Editors Award. I am looking for a midweight hiker for rugged trail and day hikes, with or without a pack weighing up to 30lbs.

I don't have any experience with the hikers that you're looking at, but I went through a search recently. I was looking at Asolos, Scarpas, Vasque, ect. I ended up with the Vasque Wasatch. I'm happy with the shoe. I ended up getting them mainly on reviews and looks. I was leaning towards the Asolos, but I couldn't get past the looks. The Vasques were a little more normal looking. Good luck!

Don P.

I evaulated a set of them and they are very nice. I did not recommend them because there were others I liked just as well if not a touch better that were also offered in a wide, something that I prefer. They are similar to but a touch heavier in structure to the Vasque Wasatch.

If you want a non-all leather boot for rugged terrain and moderate loads the Kailash has to be considered. Rather it is the right boot for you, as always, boils down how it fits you. Kayland Contact, Zamberlain Dakota, Hanwag Mountain Lights, La Sportiva Glacier EVOs are others to consider.

Good luck.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom