Scheels

S

Slide

I just got back from a family vacation to N. Lake Tahoe and we stopped by Cabelas and Scheels. WOW, Scheels is awesome, I was wondering if any of you Nv. guys have checked this place out yet? Personaly I liked Scheels better than Cabelas, they have a ton of hunting stuff and the prices are not to bad. For those of you who don't know where it is it's in Sparks off I-80. Really nice place and they have a lot of stuff for the whole family. I like how you can just walk around and handle the firearms.

Slide

Bought a Benelli shotgun there last fall. Took it duck hunting and shot three boxes of shells through it. I bought the left hand modes and it really tore my middle finger up with recoil. It has a sharp square trigger guard. Took it back to Scheels and told them about the problem. They took it back and paid me about $50.00 less than I paid for it. I then bought a Beretta. I will buy other guns from them. I was very satisfied with how they treated me.

picked up 4000 primer's and 8 lbs of powder yesterday that cabelas and sportmens do not have in stock, then seem to do a better job keeping reloading supplies and ammo in stock.

Scheels is pretty awesome.. better than Cabelas? No. We shop at scheels for our terminal tackle for bass fishing and the occasional fly fishing need, but as for camping/hunting equipment Cabelas is far better than scheels. Scheels is the place to go if you needed to buy a box of rounds and get a pair of cycling shorts. Cabelas however is the top notch for outdoor gear.

Sat I picked up .338 Barnes TSX bullets @ Scheels and BH209 @ Cabelas. I love em both and when I'm in Reno I hit both. With the current scare on reloading components, one of the 2 usually have what you need.

I bought a CVA Accura in June. Cabelas catalog $399.00, Cabelas store $369.00. Two weeks later Scheels had the same gun for $299.00. Bet there are stories just the opposite too.

I do like the Scheels gun display without a salesman in your face. And when you ask a question they seem knowledgable. I think they get a percent in the firearms because when I looked a Benelli the guy gave me his card and asked me to see him when I came back.

Yep,

The salespeople are commissioned based. I used to work at the Great Falls, MT store back in the mid 90's in the gun section. Most of the employees back then had to be specialized in specific areas to sell those particular items. This ensured you had only the most knowledgeable people helping you out.

heres a little info for you cabelas guys..... scheels will order anything you want ...... go to the items website or call the company get a style number part number and give that to scheels and bang its ordered.

6000, nice to know.

elkster, I sensed that. Cabelas folks can lead you to the merchandise, Scheels folks can tell you how it works. Usually I only need directions but on a GPS or some other electronic gadget I'll go to Scheels.

Both are awesome and competition is good for the consumner.

SCHEELS IS AWESOME. I spent 6 hours and way to much money in there last week. good help in there too!!!!!

............YY
.......___Q
...../(....)
......//..\\

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom