Scope advise for 7mm Rem Mag

Elmacho

Hello
I plan to re-scope this year, move up from my 3x9leupold to maybe a 4-14 or 6-18 leupold.

Any advise from the long shooters. i want to do this to improve ability to see 400-500 yds on coues deer.

Which do you all like best?

Mark

I would buy the 4.5 - 14 power with the Boone and Crockett Reticle. That is your best bet hands down, that scope is awesome. I have a 7 mag as well and with that scope you can hit clear out to 500 yards easy. You just need a rangefinder and sometime to go out and shoot. The first time I went out I put a target out at 100, 300, and 400. Once it was on at a 100 yards I started shooting at 300 and 400 at it was right on. I later shot at 500 with a paper plate on a big piece of cardboard and hit the plate with no problem.

Thanks. Will go with one then.....kinda had my mind on that.

Been practicing to 400 with my 3x9 and it does well, but you can hardly see a coues that far out with it to make an ethical shot

Mark

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-08 AT 05:42PM (MST)[p]Check out huskemawscopes I have one on my 7MM and have no complaints.Best of the West offers these new scopes.Very well built and they will custom make a knob for your set up and for the elevation you will be hunting.

"I would buy the 4.5 - 14 power with the Boone and Crockett Reticle."

I own the same one on my 7mm. Very confident to 500 yards and the reticle rocks! Add in the fact it's a Leupold and your set for life.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.

One more vote for the leupold. I fyou get one with target turrets they will etch the turret to match your load information. Flat out awesome and it takes the guess work out of it. But I know the new recticles are a good set up also.
I have owned 30-40 scopes over the years and I've tried alot of various brands but I always end up selling the others and keeping the leupold. Buy the most expensive leupold you can reasonably afford and you'll have a great scope for a lifetime. There is always something new out there, but the leupolds are rock solid, absolutely can not go wrong. I've rarely had problems with any of them, but if you do they will make it right. My two cents. I have a friend in the optics business and he can have pretty much anything he wants and he has leupold scopes and swarovski spotters/binocs.
Power 4.5-14 is a good one. Alot of people for some reason are saying you do not need all the power. I say aim small miss small. The only thing I worry about is jumping something and getting them in the scope at higher magnification. My antelope gun has a 8.5-25 LR on it and it is almost like cheating. Its one and done, because I've done the work and have the right equipment. The best part about it is quick human kills.
My two cents. Good luck.

Just got word that Vortex has a Balistic Drop Compensator Reticle that will be out to the public shortly. Can't wait to put one on my rifle. I currently shoot the Swarovski 4-12 TDS 4 on my .300 RUM and have loved it for the last 3 years. I have killed 2 elk, a bear, a deer and several antelope at "long range distance" with this set-up. I do have to admit, that the Huskemaw's dial the distance and Luepold custom turrets are sweet!

I am hoping that vortex's BDC reticle will compare to the TDS system as I really like it. I will have a Viper 4-12 BDC in early '08 in the shop for folks to check out and will be doing some personal field testing this spring and summer if you care to join me.

CS

www.VIPoptics.com

"When You Deserve The Very Best"

I two have had many scopes and I think the Leupolds are at the top. For the money and the warranty you just cant beat them. Leupold has been around for ever and they have one of the best names in the business when it comes to the old gold ring. I have looked at the Swarovski TDS and they are awesome as well. The other scopes mentioned I have not seen or used. I had a Shepard and did not like it much. I did like the Burris Bilistic Plex but the quality was not near the Leupold.

I have the Leupold 4-14, and was thinking about jumping up. to a 6-18. For the long shots I think it helps to get a better sight picture. If your used to the 3 by 9 then you definetly like the 4-14, but once you get used to that you might want more.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom