scope for Rem Sendero?

muleymaddness

Very Active Member
I'm looking for a scope for my Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm with heavy ss barrel. I like Leupold, but if I get one with a 40mm bell (which is what I want), that thing will look tiny on that gun with the bull barrel. I don't want a giant scope on there at the same time. I am very much opposed to great big scopes. What would you put on it? I'm leaning towards a Zeiss 3-10x44.

To me the whole reason to lug around a heavy barrel gun is for the long range accuracy. I'd think a 4.5-14x40 LR (30mm tube)would be a good choice. I have one on my 340wby and I really like it. I went with the 40mm to fit in a scabbord better. If I had that rifle I'd put a 6.5-20x40mm LR on it or a 50mm obj if its not going in the mountains. I do own several with the 50mm objective. They are bulky, but what performance. I have a 257 accumark with a 8.5-25x50LR on it almost feels like cheating. I also have the zeiss you mentioned and really like it, its on a a-bolt .25-06, thats my light weight set up. I love leupolds. My 2 cents. Good luck.

I have a sightron 4x12x50 on mine, but am thinging of a leopold VIII 21/2x10x50

It depends on just how far you are planning to shoot and at what? 7mmRem Mag I would guess Deer and or Elk.

With the weight of the sendero you dont want to be lugging it around the mtn's after Elk, it is more of a Stand/Beanfield gun.

I love mine for long shots in bean fields and corn fields in Nebraska...

I have a Zeiss 6.5 x 20 50mm. The rifle is heavy without a scope. The extra weight and size of the 50mm is not a concern, as I will not be backpacking with this rifle. Great rifle and great glass, but heavy.

I have a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 on my 270 and love it, but if you don't like the bigger objectives, especially if the reason is they sit up to high, go with the Leupold VX-L series. I have one on my 7mm-08. It sits lower and I get a larger objective at the same time, it's a win, win situation. Hope that helps.

I shoot a Rem 700 Sendaro w/ heavy fluted SS bbl in 7 STW and use both Leupold 4.5 X 14 and a 6.5 X 20 30 mm tube.

It is a long range gun and you need the best optics for the match.

works well of wolves

i have a leupold mark 4 with the tmr reticle on my sendero. love it but i wish it had an illuminated reticle. I chose the mark 4 over the night force because the new mark 4 is available with the reticle in the first focal plane and night force isn't offering this until this october.

I put a leupold 4.5x14x40 with the B&C reticle on my sendaro in 300ultra. I dont like the bulky look of the 50mm bells so I stuck to the 40mm. I do feel like top end power of 14 is minumum. I dont think a 6.5x20 would be to much power on this type of rifle.
Bryan

I have used a Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14x 44 and recently switched to a Leupold VXL 4.5X14X50. Both great scopes on the Sendero. I think I like the Zeiss a little better. I love the Sendero too. Have never had a more dependable and accurate rifle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom