scope preferences

C

champset

I just picked up a new Ruger '06 and I need a scope for it. I know that Leupold and other high-end brands are the best, but I don't have the money to buy one. The scopes that are in my price range are the Tasco World Class, Bushnell Banner, and the Bushnell Trophy. Any opinions on these three? (don't tell me to save my money for a better scope, the new gun was a stretch as it is)

Thanks,

Champset

I think I would go with the tasco. You might want to try a few pawn shops or even ebay. I have picked up good scopes at both places for about half price or less.

i just picked up a simmons aetec 3.8x12x44 ao lr nice scope 179.00 at cabelas it has good glass and a lighted ret

If I were you,
I would go to the hunting store just before dark,and take those scopes your looking at outside and see for yourself,which one you like better.Dont just look around in the store,if he is a good salesman he wont mind walking out with you.
If your store closes before dark,I would still take them outside. I say this because, I once bought a Baush and Lomb scope the clarity in the store was the best,but when I put it on my gun and went out,what a POS!! Hardley any eye relief, and when i could see through it,I couldn't see past the glare.

I agree with the other guy who said look at Ebay. I bought a Zeiss Conquest for 3x9 for $250 on EBAY new in box with full warranty. It is the best scope I have and the clarify is awesome.

Do you "have" to put a scope on it right now? Do some shopping around in the next couple months and be willing to spend at least $150... You can pick up a used Leupold for that and have a scope you won't have to replace. Buying junk like you mentioned will mean replacing it sometime down the road. Is it really worth it to spend twice as much as you need to???

Check out bearbasin.com and go to the close out pages... you can somtimes find really great deals.

Don't settle for junk because you can't afford it right now. Save $15 a week for the next couple months and you'll soon have a nice scope that will last a lifetime!

try a SWIFT. they're the only inexpensive scope that i'd mess with. they are a few bucks more than a tasco or a bushnell, but they're pretty good scopes. run screaming from anything that says simmons on it. richard or the scopes. and i think bushnell's are better than tasco's. i've got a coule swift's, and they are ok.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom