Score mr prongs

LittleBull

This is another, help me score because these suckers
can be deceiving post. I have a pretty good idea what
He'll score, just want to see what you all thought.

9723image.jpg

7210image.jpg

8761image.jpg

He is going to be right at 80 at best. The mass just isn't there for him to book. Beautiful Buck and a great trophy regardless of a measuring tape. I hope you catch him when it opens. If he survives another year he might get that mass he needs to jump into the books.

Yeah I will be chasing him this fall.(or a bigger one if I find it)
He's a wyoming buck. I might just go after him because of his prongs.
I've never killed a goat with 6" prongs before, and I think he has them.
Here are 2 more angles at him.

3388image.jpg

2308image.jpg

Yeah he is beautiful. Don't think I could pass on him. I always figure if he trips your trigger then tskr him. Good luck

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-15 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]Those prongs should exceed 6", IMO. I killed a buck in 2010 very similar to that one. His prongs are 7"x 6&5/8". The prongs on your buck are very close to that. Also very similar length and mass. 82. Same as mine. :)

Interestingly, we dubbed my 2010 buck "Prongs". "Mr. Prongs" looks like he could be related!

Good luck finding a better looking buck than that one!

I think I have his twin, except mine has a bit more mass on the top end. Mine went 80 1/8. If you are in a good unit, don't shoot this buck. You will be disappointed if your sights are set high. It is a good buck and I am very happy with mine. Mostly because of the ivory tips on mine and he is a MT buck.

Mike Henne

I'll go with my first thoughts on him. 7" prongs, medium to better mass, 15 1/2 - 16" length. 82-83"

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I'll go with 78. He does have killer prongs. But prongs aren't everything. The mass above the prong needs to be heavier to push him over 80

Good height, good diggers, marginal mass.
81"-83"
Two height and digger measurements don't make up for 8 mass measurements. That being said he's still a dandy and a good looking goat no matter what he scores!

We have scores from 78-86 so you all can see how hard it can be to score pronghorn. I'm going to say he's knocking on the door of 16 inches if he's not there already...6 inch prongs for sure maybe 6 1/4...I have plenty of 76-79 inch bucks and he seems a little bigger 6 1/2 bases and 1st Qtrs...80 6/8 gross, in high 79's net is the best I can give him, but he's a Wyoming shooter for sure!!!

>We have scores from 78-86 so
>you all can see how
>hard it can be to
>score pronghorn. I'm going
>to say he's knocking on
>the door of 16 inches
>if he's not there already...6
>inch prongs for sure maybe
>6 1/4...I have plenty of
>76-79 inch bucks and he
>seems a little bigger 6
>1/2 bases and 1st Qtrs...80
>6/8 gross, in high 79's
>net is the best I
>can give him, but he's
>a Wyoming shooter for sure!!!
>

Hey, you missed eel. He price is righted me at 87! :D

Sorry about that, but no way that buck is a mid 80's buck! A taker for sure, but not even close.

I guess I should take a stab at his score too. And to be honest anything from 78-83 wouldn't surprise me. I think he'll go 81. This is what I'm thinking.
Length 15.5
Base. 6
1st. 6.25
2nd. 4.25
3rd 2
Prongs 6.5

I have killed a 84" buck from this exact spot and he was a little deceiving. Big head I guess. He had 4 mass measurements over 7", so I know the genetics are there. But like I said, these things are tough to score some times.

Hey Cam.
I don't think I've guessed yet so here goes:

The buck I shot last year officially B&C nets at 79 3/8" (but I tell everyone he's 80". LOL). I'd be willing to risk a guess that this buck of yours would just break 80".

Holler when you're around and I'll show you the buck's horns from last year's hunt. It might be a good comparison.

Like others have said, he's a shooter for sure.

Good luck!

Zeke

Awesome buck! I would never leave him out of my sight while hunting. Taking the first picture as a starting point for score it looks as though his prongs would be between 6 and 6 1/2 inches long. Now if you turn that prong sideways from the base upwards, his prong is taller. It also seems that this antelope is fairly young. The normal eye width is suppose to be 2 inches wide and when looking for mass the base should be at least 1 1/2 times the eye width. Looking at the base it should be close to 6 inches. I think the second measurement will be a little better at 6 1/2. The length of the overall point on that one side is 14-15 inches but I think closer to 14 inches. The 3rd measurement is about 3 1/2 inches. So adding up my scores 6+6 1/2+6 1/2+3 1/2+14 1/2 X 2 = 74 inches I've always been told that when estimating the length of the horns from a sideward view you compare the length of the ear to the bottom of the prong. This prong is lower than the ear length as shown in the picture. Overall I think this buck is beautiful but not a 80 incher. Please post measurements after you take him. I would like to know how close I was to scoring him. Thanks for posting.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-31-15 AT 08:39AM (MST)[p]I have shot an 82 inch goat and my son shot a WY goat that scores 81 4/8 that looks a lot like this goat except shorter prongs. I would be dang surprised if this goat didn't score at least 80 inches. Put him on the ground and let us know. Thanks.

>Awesome buck! I would never
>leave him out of my
>sight while hunting. Taking
>the first picture as a
>starting point for score it
>looks as though his prongs
>would be between 6 and
>6 1/2 inches long.
>Now if you turn that
>prong sideways from the base
>upwards, his prong is taller.
> It also seems that