Score these two Prognhorn, (VIDEO)

overkill

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-06 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]
I seem to be in disagreement with my Dad as to how long the horns are on these two bucks. I'm thinking that they are around 17" long and that they are close to being "booK' B&C bucks. What do you guys think??
We came across these two bucks sitting not 20 yards off the Highway, but not on the ranch we were hunting on. They seem to know that, for they just sat and mingled around. Sorry for the shaky video, I simply placed my camcorder up to my leica 10x42's and did not have a rest.

I've uploaded the video onto "youtube, here is the link...

I'll stick my neck out. I think the buck on the left is 14 to 14-1/2, low to mid 70s. The one on the right 15 to 15-1/2, high 70s. That buck on the right is a real nice pronghorn, but I don't think he'd break 80".

It was tough to tell with the shakey video, but after a few viewings, I would agree with ansonlynn's post. I was estimating about 1/2" larger on the right buck, though. It has good high prongs that help hold the mass during scoring, but I don't see him breaking 80" either. If you end up shooting him, I hope I'm wrong.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom