Score this SpeedGoat,,,

BowHuntr

By far one of the most difficult animals to field judge, at least for me.

What are you guesses?

The pic quality isn't the greatest. These were taken from a ways out through a scope.

Buck1.jpg

Buck3.jpg

Buck2.jpg

Thanks,

BowHuntr

I'm no expert by any means but I'll guess 78 to 80.

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.
Thomas Jefferson

I would say around 81 or 82. He's got mass and his prongs are above his ears. He's a good looking buck! I wouldn't hesitate on most units.

It's always an adventure!!!

I am thinking about 76-78. Although his prongs are above his ears, I would guess him not to be much more than 14" tall. But if he is, say 16" tall, then he could easily his 82. Very nice buck!

I live in Wyoming and see bucks every day, hard to tell for sure from pictures, and they are hard to judge, but I would say he is only around 13 inches with fairly good mass around 74 inches.

I'm in the same ballpark as piper, 13" and about 72-74 score.

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

I know pics are tough to go off of when judging an animal.

I have seen this buck this year a few different times. My guess is he's right around 15" tall, and I guess him right around 78-80"

My wife and I will be chasing these guys with a bow this Aug/September. Can't wait!

Thanks for your guesses so far

BowHuntr

76+

Sorry but I can't find anywhere near 81" or 82" on this buck. My son killed a buck in WY last year that net scored 82-6/8" official and this buck is no where even close to that buck. If you're dead set on an 80" buck, I'd pass.

Shoot that buck. I will guarantee he goes over 80. The mass is awesome! Even still if you give him 13 he'll still go over 80 with his mass. His prong is above his ear. In my opinion, here is how I score him

13 L
7 M1
7 M2
4 M3
3 M4
6 Prong

40x2=80

What state? Looking at his head and ears he has great mass which will make him look shorter in length. I think he is right at about 80. Nice looking mature buck. JB

I am saying his mass isn't quite that big and a little less on length. I have taken a few goats and have been within 1-2" on all of them. I am saying he is a solid 76" buck.

I always am strict on the measurements. Better to walk up on something bigger than what you expected, than something smaller. Nothing worse than "ground shrinkage," and beware, it is very common with antelope.

"Half of being smart, is knowing what you're dumb about."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom