Score?

For somebody whose "put tape on hundreds of bulls" one would think you'd be able to decode what "recently submitted trophies" in a B&C publication listed. No scanned in score sheet is more certifiable than an accepted score into the B&C club. It's no big deal to not be able to field judge an elk very well - no reason to be a pompous ass about it.

Mallard
So you are saying that you would believe the score sheet with numbers that could be real facts or not, OVER what he claims it to score. That just doesn't make much sense, That Bull hasn't been a 300" bull for a few years. Sorry but you don't get to score every bull to the inch, I know I have butchered some scores and gotten others ##### on. I believe this is yours time to butcher a score, But then Maybe It's my turn.
In life this is a speck of sand.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I never claimed to have "put tape on hundreds of bulls." In fact, I claimed I hadn't. You should try reading more carefully. If indeed, the bull has been scored as you claim, why not post the scoresheet as I have suggested many times? I never claimed to be an expert at field-judging bulls. I claimed that many who think they are really aren't. It makes it even harder when one only has a crappy single photo to guess from. Even with the added pics, mass doesn't really add substantially to the overall score. One extra inch of circumference adds less than 10" to the overall score. Surely, you know this.

>Mallard
>So you are saying that you
>would believe the score sheet
>with numbers that could be
>real facts or not, OVER
>what he claims it to
>score. That just doesn't make
>much sense, That Bull hasn't
>been a 300" bull for
>a few years. Sorry but
>you don't get to score
>every bull to the inch,
>I know I have butchered
>some scores and gotten others
>##### on. I believe this
>is yours time to butcher
>a score, But then Maybe
>It's my turn.
>In life this is a speck
>of sand.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Not sure I'm understanding your point. I'm asking for a CERTIFIED score sheet. Those numbers would indeed be facts. I might be off but I'm skeptical that I'm off by as much as he claims.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-14 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]Mallard, please list your breakdown of measurements of your initial guess of "300-310 tops" for all the dreamers.. then I will happily scan in the score sheet for a educational side by side comparison.

This will force you to practice ... math.

Spread 38" (tough one to accurately judge based on the photos)

Main 48 48 (Also tough to judge without anything to ref body size)
G1 14 14
G2 12.5 12.5
G3 9.5 8
G4 14.5 14.5
G5 7 7

Total Mass 65

Total 312.5

I gave you an extra 5-10 on the mass because my initial guess was not based on the additional photos you added. When I make guesses on these threads, I always make them based on my initial impression rather than be swayed by reading other posts or potentially see the score by reading the rest of the thread.

Mallard,

No offense, but you need a lot more practice scoring bulls. You are considerably low on everything, but the mass. Especially tine length and tine length is where you get the majority of inches. Mass adds much more than you think, it makes the tines appear shorter then they are. Mass is one of the first things I look at when field judging.

Maybe so but based on the first pic only, both mass and tine length are very difficult to call with reasonable certainty. After seeing the second pic, I agree the bull does have decent mass. However, I'm still not seeing 370+" on this bull.

Here's a photocopy of the numbers from the official sheet sent sent to B&C. Same thing went to P&Y. There wasn't really anything tricky in any of the photos. Mallard, noticed you didn't guess any of the other bulls - probably a job better left to somebody whose seen an elk in the wild.

2013_zpsb6d7f5d6.jpg

What I was saying DO YOU believe the numbers on the score sheet.
Or are you still going to argue with the facts it a large elk and you just mis-judged it. NO Big deal

Where's the Certification? That was the deal. Anyone can write numbers on a page.
Look, I'm not denying he's a nice bull. A lot of guys misjudged this bull initially(including me) based on one lousy pic. I never claimed to be an expert but usually I'm within 10-15" when playing this game with others photos and when guessing on guys kills before they're scored.
Do I need more practice? Absolutely! And I hope god grants me the opportunities to do so. I seriously doubt everyone on here gets it right all the time, especially without much to go off of.
I see a lot of inflated scores in magazines and posted online and people with a lot more field-judging and scoring experience than I have complained about this.
My criticisms came after you misled everyone by claiming he only scored 299 5/8. Remember that?

Spaz,

We need DNA testing to verify that is the bull on the score sheet. Official measurer should have taken a sample(blood, hair or something) and affixed it to the score sheet. And we need a certificate of authentication and we should be good to go.

Hey Greenhorn,

Here are a couple lowly OTC Colorado bulls you can guess on and I already know how good you are at knocking down the giants. Even your youngsters are turning out like you. You are one lucky guy living and hunting where you do.

Mallard. Give it up man. Your just making yourself look stupid now.

Elkkill. Those are some good bulls. But only the first two would break 300". If you say otherwise I want to see certification. Lol

First impression of first bull (Spaz's) 290". After the second photos, I upgraded to 315". His second bull I had at 360". And I admit it after knowing the true scores.

I disagree that only 2 of Greenhorn's bulls make 300". I belive they all do.

Maybe I need a class. But I do know what I'd let an arrow loose on, and what I'd pull the trigger on. IMO that's what matters.

Damn, I love huge 5 points!!!

Love the picture of the third bull. You know it was a shooting match when they have a hole in the antlers. LOL

>What is a "certification?"

I believe he's referring to the official score sheet from B&C and/or P&Y???

BOHNTR )))---------->

>First impression of first bull (Spaz's)
>290". After the second
>photos, I upgraded to 315".
> His second bull I
>had at 360". And
>I admit it after knowing
>the true scores.
>
>I disagree that only 2 of
>Greenhorn's bulls make 300".
>I belive they all do.
>
>
>Maybe I need a class.
>But I do know what
>I'd let an arrow loose
>on, and what I'd pull
>the trigger on. IMO
>that's what matters.
>
>Damn, I love huge 5 points!!!
>
Yeah, and it's you and I that apparently need practice in judging bulls??

That's right. Interesting that he still refuses to acknowledge that he has one. I stepped up. Where's the official Certified score sheet with signature and scorer's ID number?

elkkill06, all beautiful bulls. My Mike Eastman magic... (hope I don't butcher them) are in order, 380, 350, 330, 280, and 350. Man that first one is BIG.

>elkkill06, all beautiful bulls. My
>Mike Eastman magic... (hope I
>don't butcher them) are in
>order, 380, 350, 330, 280,
>and 350. Man that
>first one is BIG.

SPAZ (Greenhorn),

All great guesses and thanks for the comments. The 1st bull grosses 353" (missing right at 20" of antler (broken)), the 2nd bull grosses 343", the 3rd bull grosses 363", the 4th bull grosses 325", and the 5th bull grosses 342".

You have taken some giant critters in your hunting career. Congrats !

Quinton

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-14 AT 08:13PM (MST)[p]

>That's right. Interesting that he
>still refuses to acknowledge that
>he has one. I
>stepped up. Where's the
>official Certified score sheet with
>signature and scorer's ID number?
>

You want your crappy score judging skills certified?

Elkkill, I will guess 358 on first one, no guess on second because of picture with no side view, 3rd one 355, 4th one 340 and 5th one 355. All super bulls!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-14 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]Summary of this thread:

5664wrongoninternet.jpg

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Pictures can be decieving.
I would guess Spaz first picture 320 bull, second picture same bull 335, third picture with mass and forearm length 350-360.

I could see how Mallard was guessing. He does seem to have a stubborn streak in him though.

Stubborn? Maybe. But not until he and some of his cronies accused me of needing a lot more practice in scoring bulls and claiming that I was 70" off. Then he challenged me to post up my estimated score and he would oblige by posting the certified score sheet. I stepped up and now he has mysteriously disappeared. As far as I'm concerned, his alleged score is no more valid than any other guess on this thread until I see the proof. Anyone can claim their bull scores 370 but the proof is in the tape.

Mallard, while his "tact" was a bit douchey in his first posts and he didnt provide photos that were even remotely adequate for internet scoreing (unless you are an internet jedi master scorer)for you to be so stuborn and say that bull is under 350 is just stupid, let it go. LOL

I do find it funny that he gets on people for judgeing bulls so low when he has been 30-50 inchs low on several of the other bulls posted. LOL

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

8837resizedimage_1379467796220.jpg

7109img_5330.jpg

6012tifs_bull_2010_002.jpg

7574bookcliffs_09_026.jpg

444609_bookcliffs_buck_011.jpg

I have to admit as i've read this WHOLE thread, i've kinda been just sitting here giggling like a little school girl.... Here's a few fun pics of bulls weve killed in the bookcliffs the last 5 years or so...enjoy and good luck on the online score challenge..

Josh, those are some dandys, I really like bull #2, did you kill him?

I will give er a go on those bulls,
1st bull= 359
2nd bull= 374
3rd bull= 363 even though if memory serves me right your wifes bull was over 370, but I cant remember.
4th bull= 337
5th bull= 356

So how did I do, I bet I'm low on a few.

Jake H. SHED OR DEAD IT DONT MATTER TO ME!!!
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Actually I don't think there is a bull in the group that gross scores less than 350. A couple 370 plus with one of those that maybe pushing that 400 mark

you guys are dreamin'. 300-310 tops.

Ha. Hogs, nothing under 350 for sure. That one the lady is holding must net into B&C, beautiful bulls, all of them.

Maybe book cliffs is where I need to burn 16 Utah elk points.

Here they are:

All gross scores. The last one is the only one to net book. Thanks for playing along. Hey SPAZ the books might be the place for your points, as i just moved to montana, we could do some info swapping....

Though I don't disgree with the score sheet posted and how would I truly know anyways, but I do a little Taxidermy and I will have to say that more often than not, people will over score their animals by mistake.
Taking the wrong mass measurement and inaccurately measuring the curvature of the points can sometimes result in a totally different score.
I'm not disagreeing with anybodys score nor do I care, I just want to point out a few facts about numbers because that's what we're all playing here.
In my experience with taxidermy, some people have brought me 4-5 pound Largemouth Bass claiming it was 8 pounds for example, I don't care, whatever makes you happy and as long as I get paid.
I've also have had two different official scorers for Pope and Young score the same Mule Deer with a 5 inch difference. I'm not going to tell you how to score your animal, but I'm just saying that every scorer is different.
By the way, I don't agree with the scoring system anyways, what is an inside measurement but air not bone. The mass measurment doesn't even come close to doing these animals justice.
All said, I would be tickled to harvest any one of the bulls posted - good job all.

>Well then why not post the
>sheet signed and certified by
>Mr King?

i couldnt care less what the actual score is but i agree with mallard. This 145+ post thread could have been ended a longggg time ago..

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Still don't know what a "certified" score sheet is. The notarized one was sent in with my entry check and few photos. Also sent my 12yr old's elk into P&Y. Care to guess - or would that also require a "certified" score sheet?

Eat a bag.

front_zpsddd33b6c.jpg

back_zps0911ca5d.jpg

IMG_4832_zpsa604b275.jpg

IMG_4814_zps2fbc49be.jpg

IMG_4876_zpscd15d6c5.jpg

Ty11_zpsa7aa7c98.jpg

Thank you. I'll let it rest now. Congrats. BTW, those latest pictures do him a lot more justice than the initial photo. Don't know why you didn't post those first unless it was to purposely mislead.

Whew. Thank goodness. For a minute there I didn't think you would believe me. I'll be able to sleep without restlessness tonight.

>Well, if you want to know
>the truth and since you
>want to be a smart-ass,
>I don't.

If after the last pictures of the bull and the score sheet you still do not believe him I think it is "certified" you suck as scoring LOL!
I dont believe him either, I know Spaz and hunted with him and the dude is 5' 2" tall with small hands so the elk looks way bigger.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom