SCOTUS will hear case in Feb.

RELH

Long Time Member
The U.S. Supreme Court is set to hear arguments on whether former President Trump will be on the Colorado Republican presidential primary ballot.

The justices said they will hear the case on an expedited basis, with arguments on Feb. 8.

"The petition for a writ of certiorari is granted. The case is set for oral argument on Thursday, February 8, 2024," the decision said. "Petitioner’s brief on the merits, and any amicus curiae briefs in support or in support of neither party, are to be filed on or before Thursday, January 18, 2024."

The justices issued an administrative stay that orders the Colorado Secretary of State to put the former president’s name on the GOP primary ballot, at least until the case is decided.

Can you foresee what would happen if Colorado got away with doing this. You would have political parties using tactics like this in the future to get rid of candidates that they knew they could not defeat in a election. Some liberal states would inact other laws that would allow them to remove a candidate from the ballot for violation of that law.
Elections should be decided by the majority of voters, not some radical politician looking to fix the election to their benefit.
I think the court will rule against Colorado in Feb.
RELH

It seems ridiculous that Americans would elect a Federal officer guilty of insurrection against the United States, and I support fourteenth amendments protections against that possibility. But I also agree with your assertion that states may abuse this power. The best protection against those who would trample law and order for political gain is our own Constitution. The answer is better left to the courts--and here SCOTUS must weigh in on the question of guilt or innocence--than any group of politicians or voting block, no matter how popular.

Eel. no, background required and 10 day waiting period as required for every citizen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom