scouted lassen zone 4 this past weekenrd

O

one1cut

scouted painters flat and obervation peek not much goats there i here they are going to run the wild horse this week with a plane mabey they will move the goats any one have any other spots to look for them thanks

Might be out of your way but there is a area up in the north Western portion of zone 4 that had some really fine lopes. In talking to the Forest Service chopper pilots, they kept seeing a couple of very large lope bucks in the Silva Flat- dry lake bed area South of the Hayden Hill Rd on the West side of 139. That was years ago but i'll wager that area doesn't hardly get hunted, if at all.

Might be worth a 1/2 day hunt if you're not finding what you're looking for in the more popular areas!!

BTW, there is a refuge in that area but it is open to Antelope hunting during the season.

Joey

Just got back. Had a blast! Killed two great goats! Careful in that Silva area though.. Seems like most of it is State Refuge now. Didn't show up on my 2006 map but we back out of the area. The signs said "no weapons". What a fun hunt though!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom