Scouting 6

I am interested what you have to say about the unit? I drew a area 7 tag this year but my father drew a area 6 tag. This is a no-brainer but ussually the big deer are up high. Contact me and we can throw some info off one another. I am pretty familiar with the area as I imagine you are as well and lets see what we can come up with.

Dave

Went out for a couple of days. Saw quite a few bucks. Looks like it might be a good hunt this year.

My dad got off the phone today with the Elko Fish and game office and they said it is not looking very good in unit 61. The fire is out of control and it will be at least a week until they will know anything. They did say that 64 is good. That is really a wopper fire going on and it really messes up scouting for area 6 and 7 for that matter. I really like 61 and am a little bummed guess I need to start looking elsewhere.

Dave

Anyone going out this weekend? How is the area holding up with the fires?

went up to jackcreek this weekend saw 9 does and 1 buck that was just a two point but he was 20" tall and 10" wide pretty tall two point. the place we wanted to go up there the rancher has the gates locked and signs posted EVERYWHERE.

Is the area around Jacks Creek ussually packed with hunters? How is the access? I read you said there were signs posted everywhere?

Dave

PS if you wanna chat send me a message with your number and we can talk over the phone vice on the net.

My favorite area in 6 is up the maggie summit road coming in off of the mountain city hwy about two miles there will be a ranch on your right side. Turn right, the road will go just to the right of the ranch house, close enough that you can see the kids eating their breakfast before school. Go in there a ways, the road will split,stay to the leftcontinue on and the road will go to the right. Keep stayin to the right and you will come to a gate,go through the gate and stay to the right. You will come out looking toward the east. Straight ahead of you , you will see a rock rock cliff.From that rock cliff glass to the north,right below you will be a quakie patch. There are no roads in there and after a few days of pressure on colombia basin this area will be full of good bucks. My friends and i call it the honey hole, it always produces a really good buck or even some years many good bucks. I also have an 061-071 Bull Elk tag this year and due to all of the fires i could use a little info if you have any. Good luck on your hunt, Hope this helps you out and i know it will. Buck Smith

anyone go out to 6 today? if so howd you do? all we saw were 3 does and lots of country hahahahaha.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom