scouting cam pics anyone?

S

stinkystomper

I have a buddy who I will leave un-named, that just put out my scouting cam in an undisclosed area for elk. We are leaving it out for 1 week as a test run, and to attempt to locate a monster pointed stick bull. If all goes as expected I will be moving the cam to the gila in an attempt to get some pics of a bull with main beams 1 foot past his tail. Anyone care to see them? Does the undisclosed party wish to speak up once I post the pics???? I will post them by thursday night unless a thief hits the camera.

Sounds very interesting man. Can't wait to see them. Btw, sweet Africa pics. Those kudu got me fired up and that giraffe is outrageous!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-11-08 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]He don't have any yet!! Loser always shooting off his mouth before he has PROOF!!!!!LOL
I will do you all a favor and post SOMETHING tomorrow afternoon cause if you wait for stomper you might have a long wait ahead of you......

Shooting off at the mouth??? I don't know what your talking about. On a more positive note. Just got word from Jerry that the monster bull I sighted in the gila seems to still be there. Tracks been going through that hidden wallow I found during the bow hunt. Said the tracks look like an old range bull. Just wait till I show you guys what a 600" 6x6 looks like. Actually I do believe he was at least a 400" spike.

...all right, up to that post, I've never doubted your credibility; but now you're stepping out there in crack-pipe land...

What are you playing? :)

He was born with a crack pipe in one hand, a giant water bong in the other and some other device I don't even know the name of in his mouth!! His judgement is a little stretched sometimes but I have no doubt that he is on a true monster. We have looked at many bulls together and he is truly pumped about this bull. It will be a thing to behold if he can get pics and even better if he or someone close to him puts the smackdown on it!

Cookie2 judges this bull at 330 maybe what do you guys think. BTW, no trail cam pics so we did it the old fashion way this morning.
48a231da3b31be82.jpg

48a231f23bb66b89.jpg

48a2329d41177a17.jpg

48a232b741b2627a.jpg

It was good to meet you and Curtis today. Lot better pic than trying to look at the camera in the sun.

Nice bull. Velvet is coming off soon.

Hey Paul, the velvet is already gone on that one! Me and stinky argued on the score of that one and I still say 330+. Just don't have the back for much more in my books... We may get to measure him in a couple of weeks though!

I'm guessing about 345. BTW, where are those pics you were going to post of that bull you and your daughter were chasing. Like wise NMPAUL it was nice meeting up with you. Maybe we can get together sometime and go chase some pigs.

hunting020.jpg

Tony, hopefully the pic works. I trimmed the top off the pic since i did not ask permission to post.

To make a long story short, my daughter and I had hiked about 1.5 miles after glassing up this bull that I had hunted during archery season a few years ago. We were about 300 yards away and heard a shot.

This young man had shot the bull and boy was he excited. We were excited for him and we took some pics.
My daughter did get a bull later that evening, but, we always joke with her that it was her bull. I have heard scores from 370-385 on this bull.

Stinky, thanks for showing some pics. Tough to say on the size due to the distance but regardless, a nice bull. Looks like he is pretty long in his fronts but is a little weak on the back end and doesn't look very long. I'd say high 320's or low 330's even though it's a tough call at that distance... A shooter in my book! I hope you put him down and can give us some more detailed and up-close and personal pictures.

Boy I don't know. I don't think he will go much over 220. His 3rds are unbelivably short and those fronts look like they would be lucky to go 6 or 7 inches. Good thing your daughter didn't shoot that bull. He definitely needs 4 or 5 more years to grow. Couldn't have been more than a 2 year old bull. Is that milk on his chin? Must've shot that guy out from underneath his mom. hehehe. You just tell your daughter that there's bigger bulls out there.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-13-08 AT 04:45PM (MST)[p]It's hard to tell with only the one shot there but my mind is saying that bull is somewhere in the 345-355 range. He has a longer than average main beam than most in the sacs and his fronts are quite a bit better than average. I'm no expert but I don't think he will make the 360 mark but STILL a heck of a bull for anybody!! If he had the fifths I'd say he would easily go 360+ but......
Stinky's just jealous because he don't have a bull that looks that good in HIS den!!!!!!!

Copy2ofhunting016.jpg

This was the consolation prize that night. I dont say consolation in a negative way either.

After we were done congratulating the kid that shot the bull, we were hearing bugles so we took off. We had already gone about a mile and a half thru an old burn (deadfalls) and when we got to the bugles we had gone at least another 1.5 miles.

Keep in mind my daughter was 11, never had shot a rifle until about 2 months prior to the hunt and was extemely recoil sensitive. We snuck up on this young bull and I cow called him into the open at about 40 yards. It took forever for my daughter to pull the trigger and when she finally did it seemed like that 7mm08 picked that bull up and threw him down. It may have been the steepness of the hill I dont know.
As you can see it was dark when we had gutted him and partially skinned him so the meat would not spoil.
She made that 3 mile hike over deadfalls in the dark on pure adrenalin. We got to the truck after 10:00 and my son was asleep in the truck because he shot his bull that morning and that is a whole other story.

Pretty cool consolation prize because i was not sure my daughter would get an bull and we needed a real easy shot for her.

That pic of the bull is decieving and though the tops are weak, he had very long beams and heavy throughout. And his front tines were very long as well.

NMPaul,

I can't fathom it getting much better than that. Much congrats to you and your daughter, and much thanks for sharing.

I'd guess that bull on the hoof to be at about 340". Please feel free to put him down and then come back and tell me what an idiot guesstimator I'm am... ;-)

Cool to see his velvet already off. As of last Friday, the bulls I've been watching are still full velvet.

I still want to see that 400" spike and/or that 600" 6X6! I saw on the other thread where they've found bigfoot, so now a spike with 140" main beams plus 80" of mass seems a bit easier to swallow (assuming a 40" inside spread)... ;-)

I wasn't going to say anything but.............. big foot was bareback riding that bull.

Paul, your children shot two bulls in the same day!? Awesome. That will put a smile on your face and keep the fire in person's soul lit...too cool.

Cookie, I'm admittedly conservative when it comes to "scoring" antlers, even when I have a tape in my hands. But regardless, if I see that bull on any hunt within range he's gonna get put on the ground. Hope you guys get him or his big brother.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom