Scouting question?

Crazy4Elk

I have a unit 61 elk tag for 2nd season and I want to get down there a few more times before my season starts. I work every other weekend and am 7 hours away so its not too easy to get down there. Next time I can get down there is around the 12th of September. I wanna go but I do not wanna get in the way of the other hunters in the area. What would you all do? I can then go again the end of September and then that would be it before my season starts. Opinions?

Get a turkey license and go scout. Give the archers the first few hours of the day and the last in the honey holes. Be respectful of them and hope they are respectful of you. Ask them what they have been seeing and let them know you are not going to bump 'their' elk and that you are not competing with them. That's what I'm going to do.

Another opinion: I am trying to scout where I think big stinky will be hiding after archery, muzzle loader, and 1st rifle seasons are over. They may not be the same spots although there doubtless will be overlap.

If you think my planning is off I'm all ears.

I'd go scout if I was you, have done it before but like beanman said, just be respectful of the archery guys. Took you a lot of points to draw that tag too, you have just as much right to be there.
Good luck, hope to see some pics!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

>wah wah wah......
a certain individuals response on 8/12/2014 to anyone that commits suicide.
http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID11/19864.html
There are many things that would be nice to wish for or say but then I would be just like him.

I agree with Mntman, go scouting.It's big country with few archery guys.Just try to give them their space . That's what I'm doing.

Gadjet

If your up for a good hike that time of year, check out Longs Canyon and Dark Canyon. North end of unit with some great bulls. Just gotta work at it a little. Good Luck.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom