Scouting/Trail cam pictures

mevertsen

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-19 AT 07:46AM (MST)[p]Well, the draws are done, tons of people have asked for advice and many have said the plan to get out and scout for deer.

Not seeing much for pictures of deer or general scouting pics of interesting finds.

I put out a camera in an off the wall place the other day, where I have seen a buck near by in recent weeks.

I got a picture of a buck and a doe, with triggers on different days in the same time period, but no deer. The place is also a bird bath.

Not sure how much this buck has to grow, but he is the best buck I have seen or have evidence of, so he is number one at this point. Also my first archery deer tag, and I have never been picky anyhow.

I reset the camera with a different angle to see what it looks like in a week.

Have to have the cameras down by the first, so will move the camera to my daughter's area next week.

Good luck everyone.

35d7qmr.jpg

No pics, but I saw a buck browsing in the ditch, driving in Park county the other night. Already a nice, heavy, four point. Going to be be big.

>He looks like he will be
>a good sized buck
>I have not seen much for
>horns yet

I saw one the other day that is already past the 200" mark.
So there are a few that are off to a good start.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-12-19 AT 09:54PM (MST)[p]I checked my camera again today.

Not sure if this is the same buck or not. But anyway, this was the only deer picture.

2z4jw3k.jpg

Cool picture. Do you guys still have the strict laws about using cameras in Nevada? If so, how long do you get to leave them out?

No cameras between August 1 and December 31 on public land.

I pulled this camera. I only have one camera. I need to find a place to put it in my daughter's area for a week or so.

Geez. They really are harsh in Nevada. Running cameras is pretty addicting. It reminds me of trapping when I was a kid. You never know what the heck you will discover when you check your line.

Here in AZ we can leave cameras out all year. Right now I am holding off checking to catch full antler growth. If I get some good photos/ video I will post. Good luck with your hunts. Thank you for sharing.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom