Scouting trip??

nmelkman

I know it's unlikely but i have the chance to go scout my unit this friday, what are the chances of the forestr being reopened by then. Just want to get some scouting in while i have the chance

Date: July 11, 2011
Lincoln National Forest Remains Closed
FOREST CLOSURE CONTINUES

Alamogordo, NM (July 11, 2011) ? ?It has been over eight weeks since I signed the Emergency Fire Closure Order that prohibits access to Lincoln National Forest System lands, and I am thankful for public cooperation during this closure by both community members and visitors to this area? said Robert G. Trujillo, Lincoln National Forest Supervisor. ?Southeastern New Mexico continues to be dry with low relative humidity and above normal temperatures. Until the forest receives sufficient rains, we're determined to continue with the Forest Emergency Fire Closure Order for public and firefighter safety, first and foremost.?
The Lincoln National Forest remains closed. No use of fire, campgrounds, hiking, picnicking, Off-Highway Vehicles, bicycles, motor bikes, or horseback riding is authorized. All National Forest System Roads are closed, but all interstates, state and county roads through the Lincoln National Forest remain open. Remember, the use of fireworks is always strictly prohibited on all National Forest System Lands.
Lincoln National Forest officials do not take this action lightly. Since weather has been one of the precursors, full forest closure is the best decision involving the public, firefighter and the livelihood of our mountain communities? safety. Fire restrictions and forest closures are useful tools in limiting the occurrence of human-caused fires. A significant amount of moisture will be required to reduce the extreme fire danger and the Lincoln National Forest will reopen to the public when sufficient precipitation is received to adequately reduce our extremely dry conditions and reduce the risk of wildfire to a manageable level.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom