SE ID UNIT 78

orion23

Very Active Member
LOOKING FOR ANY INFORMATION ON UNIT 78 FOR ACCESS AND MOOSE NUMBERS. IS MOST OF THAT AREA PRIVATE / PUBLIC / ACCESSABLE. THINKING ABOUT PUTTING IN FOR MOOSE THERE THIS YEAR. I HEAR THEY ARE ON THE UP AND UP ALL OVER THE EASTERN PART OF THE STATE. ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT SO I CAN FIGURE OUT WHERE TO APPLY FOR. ALSO, ANYONE KNOW WHEN MOOSE RUT? APPRICIATE IT, THANKS. TB

I bow elk the Bear River Zone and I spend some time in #78. Access is great but I really don't see that many moose....

There's plenty of public access in the mountains. Almost all of the land close to Highway 29 and along the lower portions of the major creeks is private property.
I have seen a few moose in this area but they aren't everywhere. Saw a guy in unit 78 that shot a small bull during the last part of October.
From what I have seen the bulls are chasing cows and calling most during the last part of September and the first part October.

LM - NRA, NAHC, RMEF
Diddo on both the above. 76 has some nice bulls if you can find them - long season !!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-04 AT 08:58PM (MST)[p]Unit 66A or 76 would be a better choice. Some parts are pretty rugged, but hold good bull numbers.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom