SE NM snow storm

nmwapiti

How will this snow storm effect the upcoming bow hunts down south? Will this get the deer moving or make them hunker down? I'll be hunting unit 31.

Better just stay home. Lol. heck we were set to head out on Thursday towards Magdalena and the news just showed 20 plus inches of snow. You better have a snowmobile ready. Plus there is supposed to be another snow storm coming in from the west in the next few days. Good luck to all the crazy ones going out. Take some chains and lots of antifreeze.

Down by Cruces the deer seem to love this crap. They stay up moving and feeding way longer. Really gets the rut activity going.

I'd be careful in 31. I live in clovis on the N border of 31 and there are several 5+' snow drifts blocking the way out of our neighborhood. Lots of people have gotten stuck

Check the state hwy website.
If the paved state roads are not clear you can be sure there are no dirt roads open.
Hear it's real bad east of me towards Socorro,impassible beyond that still.

It warmed up a lot more than forcasted today. It was 49 at one point. Snow really melted. It could get muddy though. 34 and 30 will be good for the opener. I bet 31 will be fine by then also. Deer just started moving around tonight up in the mountains.

Here in Roswell the snow was really severe. I have drifts up to 5 feet tall in my driveway. Main highways and most roads in town are passable. The small county roads and dirt roads are all drifted in at this point. Hopefully it will melt out quickly.

Please don't take it lightly...there are still 5+' drifts across roads here in Clovis and most of the country roads are still impassible.

snowing again today. Like mentioned before. Unmaintained roads are sketchy. Was in 30 and 34 today. Lots of the 2 track roads are not passable yet. By the first they may be.

I got a hunt for Oryx at the Stallion, just wonder if the roads could get bad out there if it storms again, my hunt starts on January 8th .

>I got a hunt for Oryx
>at the Stallion, just wonder
>if the roads could get
>bad out there if it
>storms again, my hunt starts
>on January 8th .

That I dont know. Good news is that Alamogordo got no snow, so I am betting you are fine.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom