SE Wyoming elk outfitter recommendation...

Buckfever34

Hello all,

I am approaching enough elk points for Wyoming to draw a general tag. Looking at something in the SE area of the state.

I have been referred to look into Timber Canyon Ranch, Keil Outdoor Adventures, or Table Mountain by a trusted source.

Anyone have any experience with any of them? I like small family run type of outfits best. And, this would be a rifle hunt. Looking at 2025.

Thank ya,
Clint

I know of Keil's, he hunts next to us.
Table Mountain is a no from me.
Iron Mountain Outfitters is also in 6.
Don't know much about Timber Canyon Ranch, it is listed for sale I think.

All can be hit or miss for elk in area 6, they may hundreds or none on any given day once season opens.
Some outfits out near Douglas too but I do not know them.

Contact ICMDEER too, he may have something for you.

I know of Keil's, he hunts next to us.
Table Mountain is a no from me.
Iron Mountain Outfitters is also in 6.
Don't know much about Timber Canyon Ranch, it is listed for sale I think.

All can be hit or miss for elk in area 6, they may hundreds or none on any given day once season opens.
Some outfits out near Douglas too but I do not know them.

Contact ICMDEER too, he may have something for you.

Thank you for the reply. Do you work as a guide/outfitter? If so, feel free to message me.

I have been in contact with ICMDEER--he is no longer taking general tag elk hunters.

In Colorado there is a short list of Units that are considered the place to hunt for high point holders. Is there a Unit in WY that has this same distinction.

In Colorado there is a short list of Units that are considered the place to hunt for high point holders. Is there a Unit in WY that has this same distinction.

This will not be a high point hunt. I like to hunt, not wait. Lol.

Would be a general tag.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom