Season dates

From the CPW website.

This fall, CPW staff began developing alternatives for the 2025-2029 BGSS and will present these alternatives to the Commission at its March 2024 Commission meeting. At this meeting, staff will request guidance from the Commission on which recommendations to bring back for additional consideration in May 2024. Final recommendations will be approved by the Commission in June 2024.

Last edited:
Thanks
Trying to do a 5 year plan. Might burn some points this year or wait if 2025 to 2029 dates look better.

If next BGSS is in fact earlier dates, is that long enough to replenish some of the population of older age class bucks? Probably more complex than that, but if the late dates of the recent 5 yr plan have been a contributing factor to reduction in older deer, then earlier dates might help bounce back

How much do the dates typically shift? A couple of days? Or a week?

Like the OP, I'm interested in the 2025 dates. I want to apply this year, but have a conflict. Not sure I want to wait until the season dates change tho. What a dilemma...

How much do the dates typically shift? A couple of days? Or a week?

Like the OP, I'm interested in the 2025 dates. I want to apply this year, but have a conflict. Not sure I want to wait until the season dates change tho. What a dilemma...
Anything could happen. Small changes to large changes are definitely possible. Would be nice to know prior to the deadline that is for sure.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom