Second Best Utah Mule deer Hunt

Jdan9

With the reduction in tags on the Henry Mountain my 15 NR bonus points going into next years draw really don't mean a lot. They put me in the random draw with thousands of others for the one NR Rifle tag. I could wait a lifetime and still not draw unless they increase the tag numbers. If you could have any other tag in the state which one would it be? Any and all input is appreciated.
jd

The Paunsagunt is making a comeback, but your chances of killing a 200" buck without being on the alton or other CWMU's within that unit is going to be tough.
Do-able....but tougher than the Henry's.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Ensighn ranch
Alton ranch

sorry, i know your a NR. I guess the pauns, but i dont think i'd throw 15 points at it.

I looked at that forever scenario of waiting for Henries or Pauns with 12 nonres points this year. Not wanting to wait forever, I cashed in on the sure bet and drew the Elk Ridge any weapon deer permit this year. Remember, Elk Ridge used to be a Premium Limited Entry tag. The trophy genetics are still there. I'll let you guys know how well I do come Oct.

If you have tag in hand how difficult is it to get access to the Alton or other similar properties?
jd

The Alton unit is a CWMU, they are only alloted a certain number of tags on the property. A certain percentage go to the public through the draw, and the others are sold.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

San Jaun ELk Ridge would be a good replacement. Great genetics making a comeback. the deer heard is strong and not a lot of publicity it use to have.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom