Seems a pretty logical conclusion

Logical is the word that got you. The Texas brothers took clients to poach over 200 trophy deer the largest ring in U.S. history and they split 5,75 year sentence between the two. I would argue that the 5.75 years between the two if not more would be the logical sentence for the 100's of thousands they made illegally.

Logical is the word that got you. The Texas brothers took clients to poach over 200 trophy deer the largest ring in U.S. history and they split 5,75 year sentence between the two. I would argue that the 5.75 years between the two if not more would be the logical sentence for the 100's of thousands they made illegally.
[/QUOT
Sarcasm

5.75 years in prison "seams like a small price to pay"?????

?

Do the math on what the average mule deer costs.

Yeah, you steal 7 figures from the gov, I'd imagine you'd serve more time.

I support gun enhancement for intercity drug dealers, I support them for poachers too.

Do the math on what the average mule deer costs.

Yeah, you steal 7 figures from the gov, I'd imagine you'd serve more time.

I support gun enhancement for intercity drug dealers, I support them for poachers too.
???

Maybe we should cut their hands off too. Or make their children slaves.?

7 figures from the government ?

I think its hilarious when someone says 5.75 years in prison is a small price to pay. I'll go ahead and let you know 1 year in TDC and you're probably f'd for life.

What do you think the purpose of prison incarceration is?

The article is the figurative slippery slop we talk about in our society. Fueled by its own emotion competition and vengeance, and completely absent of logic and reason.

???

I think its hilarious when someone says 5.75 years in prison is a small price to pay. I'll go ahead and let you know 1 year in TDC and you're probably f'd for life.

The article is the figurative slippery slop we talk about in our society. Fueled by its own emotion competition and vengeance, and completely absent of logic and reason.

5.75 split.

The point would be to discourage the next one.

You know who doesn't get screwed up in TDC? Folks that don't poach.

5.75 split.

The point would be to discourage the next one.

You know who doesn't get screwed up in TDC? Folks that don't poach.
There isn't a poacher alive that wants a single day in prison so it doesn't matter if you make it 20 years.

Your last comment pretty much proves my point.

Why don't you list the felons that don't get 5 years in prison and then ask yourself if you would rather have a wildlife criminal in there or the child molester. But screw kids. I just want good hunting.

There isn't a poacher alive that wants a single day in prison so it doesn't matter if you make it 20 years.

Your last comment pretty much proves my point.

Why don't you list the felons that don't get 5 years in prison and then ask yourself if you would rather have a wildlife criminal in there or the child molester. But screw kids. I just want good hunting.

There is a single________alive that wants.......

So? Don't poach.

It's truly not that hard, unless your a criminal, and in this case, a habitual one.

Poaching is just theft, it's not special just be ause it's white dudes in pickups and not black dudes or Mexican dudes.

There is a single________alive that wants.......

So? Don't poach.

It's truly not that hard, unless your a criminal, and in this case, a habitual one.

Poaching is just theft, it's not special just be ause it's white dudes in pickups and not black dudes or Mexican dudes.
I can't even tell what you are trying to say.

I can't even tell what you are trying to say.

Insert any crime in the blank. Murderer, drug dealer, rapist, car thief, etc, etc, etc

I realize in Houston you bail out murderers, so the concept of jail is foreign. But then so is the concept of not getting shot. Michael Berry's Houston Crime report is great entertainment, until you realize it's humans killing each other. Yet another topic in which, your neighborhood ISNT the model for the country.

Perhaps, just maybe, if criminals were actually punished for crime, it would curtail such crime? I know, what a concept.

Insert any crime in the blank. Murderer, drug dealer, rapist, car thief, etc, etc, etc

I realize in Houston you bail out murderers, so the concept of jail is foreign. But then so is the concept of not getting shot. Michael Berry's Houston Crime report is great entertainment, until you realize it's humans killing each other. Yet another topic in which, your neighborhood ISNT the model for the country.

Perhaps, just maybe, if criminals were actually punished for crime, it would curtail such crime? I know, what a concept.
What is amazing is you think it's just "punishment" situation. ?‍♂️

It's amazing how you think all criminals are the same and your brand of evenly distributed punishment would fix this.

That's not reality.

Do you ever look at nations that have extreme punishment as part of their culture and criminal justice? Guess what. They still have crime. Plenty.

Your problem is your are confusing your desire for your idea of adequate vengeance as justice when in reality it's just a sad mixture of narcissistic malice.

Topics like this make you think about your friends huh Tri? Easy to get a little emotional I suppose
Topics like this make me think, which is more than anyone else is doing here.

No need to make another topic about me. It just makes you look owned.

This thread is about a poorly written article by a person who has no concept of reality or logic.

For the worst cases involving drug dealing, theft, poaching, etc. I would support prison. Start with a few months and build from there. Anti-social behavior becomes a burden to those who follow the rules, and while it may result in kids being without their dad during his extended vacation, I would suggest that pops is not the role model they need, anyway. I am amazed that society allows bad parents to drag their children down without any effort to reform them.

For the worst cases involving drug dealing, theft, poaching, etc. I would support prison. Start with a few months and build from there. Anti-social behavior becomes a burden to those who follow the rules, and while it may result in kids being without their dad during his extended vacation, I would suggest that pops is not the role model they need, anyway. I am amazed that society allows bad parents to drag their children down without any effort to reform them.
I'm all for prison also. I'm just against people who are stupid and think 5 years of prison isn't a big deal.

There's some good ideas here guys. I like fines equivalent to "true value". Maybe the cost of an outfitted hunt or thereabouts. I like community service, but wildlife specific projects or something.

I threw up in my mouth a little, but I have to ag... agr... agree with Tristate. Prison time is rough from day one. That said, some prison time would be appropriate for some poachers. You do the crime, you do the time.

If we’re going to equate poaching to stealing let’s equate poaching to stealing. What is it anything over 10k is grand larceny? Put a value on the animal, make the crime a felony like any other crime that reaches appropriate threshold and if prison time is the standard for that, apply it. Seems like a simple enough concept

There's some good ideas here guys. I like fines equivalent to "true value". Maybe the cost of an outfitted hunt or thereabouts. I like community service, but wildlife specific projects or something.

I threw up in my mouth a little, but I have to ag... agr... agree with Tristate. Prison time is rough from day one. That said, some prison time would be appropriate for some poachers. You do the crime, you do the time.

How many poaching instances until prison?

20? 39?

If we’re going to equate poaching to stealing let’s equate poaching to stealing. What is it anything over 10k is grand larceny? Put a value on the animal, make the crime a felony like any other crime that reaches appropriate threshold and if prison time is the standard for that, apply it. Seems like a simple enough concept

Exactly.

How many poaching instances until prison?

20? 39?
Goodness no. Big game poaching would get you there pretty quick. The hunting scheme mentioned in the article would warrant it for sure. I think when I said "some" I was just thinking of like other poaching like, shooting 2 Wood Ducks when the limit is one, or something like that. Maybe 20 Wood Ducks would be though. ;)

Though jail time is hard for the very few bad guys out there, word gets around very quickly that the crime is NOT worth the time. Common sense tells me that those tempted are very less likely to break the law. Gotta break a few eggs to get an omelet.

For someone "pro" prison, you sure backpedal.

What should the punishment be then for this crime?
I haven't back pedaled on anything.

I have no problem with the sentence the men got. If you go back and read my problem is with the zealot writing an article that 5.75 years in prison isn't a big deal.

???

I again invite the entire planet to the property owned by Tristate. He is fond of trespassers, poachers and reckless waste of game. He will not press charges nor will he contact wildlife officials as he feels fines are to stiff already.

I apply in North Dakota for deer every year. They have what they call a “Deer Proclamation “ that the governor signs every year with the quotas and rules. At the end they have certain fines posted for certain violations. It blows my mind how low they are. There’s a few of them but the only one I can remember was if you were caught using a gun during bow season it would cost you a $100 fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom