Self-Storage Unit business.....

bowhunter223

Any of you boys (or girls) out there own a self-storage unit business that could give me some help on how to get started? I'm looking into it for a small business and don't know quite where to begin....mosty with financing. I don't even have the land yet. Or anyone have any success stories/tips? I'm sure we've all sat around the fire wondering how to make a little extra money....maybe even quite our J.O.B. with a business like this! Give me some feedback.

I have 400 units in 4 towns in west Texas. I did it through venture capital . I have bought them out almost completely now . They made 30% on their money and I now am making money

What do you mean "Venture capital"? SO if I understand you correctly, you bought out an existing storage facility now your making the money?
I have spent a lot of time in good ole west Texas....6 months or so in Odessa, about 6 months in Amarillo area and around Lubbock and ALL in between. Whereabouts are you at out there in "the flat land"?

what he means is he found a fat cat that was willing to loan him money to buy the land and pay for construction then he paid the guy back with interest and now owns and operates the business.

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

Try the Small Business Association for start up business loans. Of coarse, if you are a young white American male, you'll have problems getting "qualified". IF you are from India, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, or China you'll have no problem.

good luck!

Thanks for the advice! And that "Young, white, American male" fits me to a "T". Maybe I'll try my luck anyway. Any more info. keep it coming.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom