Senate Bill 394?

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Looks like the state has found a way to tap us for more money and provide us with nothing. This deals with registration of our off road vehicles. (I was told this Senate Bill came because the local ATV dealers were loosing business because people were buying there ATVs outside the state, to save money on taxes and reduced cost of the bike, so they went to the state complaining and got there way.) Doesn't seem like they will doing anything for those of us who ride the back country, ie trails etc! Looks like its a one way for them, money !!!! For us, pay there debt! This state is almost totally owned by the US goverment and most of us ride on it. Way do we need a license for our bikes to ride on Federal land? Why pay all this extra, for what! For those of us to hunt outside the state we have to purchase a OHV stamp for whatever state we will be hunting in. So more cost to all. So, again, why are we paying this!

Fridays RJ said the Gov. would veto the bill. I believe because of admin. costs.

wait till we have to smog them, along with your boat, car, lawn mower and motorcycles!

4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

Is this new? I bought an atv two years ago and the dealer put a sticker on it that said that i paid the sales tax. They said you had to have it on anything newer than an 2006 I am not sure on that date though.

This is good to know. I was considering going to St. George, UT to look for ATVs because it is difficult to find 4-wheel/hunting style ATVs in Southern NV. The dealerships seem to have mostly racing and sport ATVs.

Why don't you come to California to buy your A.T.V.? We already
have a green sticker fund set up. It's been in place for twenty plus years. And those fees really raise alot of revenue, so much that the gubernater has lost sleep trying to figure out how to steal the money out of the fund. Be patient, in time , Nevada will have every tax and fee that we have here in Cali. Smile you've just been Californicated!
Thanks, Doug.

Brownie,
I agree NV is turning over rocks for new revenue in the midst of the state's budget crunch. I hope NV never gets as bad as CA on taxes. If this downturn continues for too long, I am afraid someone with mention the dirty words--state income tax. Lets hope not.

Mikey, One place I believe you are wrong is the out of state thing. Most states recognize others regestration, but they DONOT accept that Nv. has none.I have had this problem for years. At least if Nv. had this regestration I WOULD be legal in the other states I hunt or dune in without buying more stickers.
I have had trouble in Ca, Ut, Id, and Mt over That exact concern.

Vetoed, gov said didn't feel the recreation public should be paying for something they had previously had for free.

Not sure I agree, but the wording of the bill sucked.

Alex

When I hunt in Wyoming, Utah, and Colorado you have to purchase an OHV or a federal permit to hunt in these states. In Utah, you go on there OHV program web page and purchase the permit with your Vin number. Colorado and Wyoming just want the money and they will send the permit with no questions asked. Arizona, this year, changed there OHV permits requirements, but I was told what I already have for permits on my ATV is sufficent to hunt in the state. No need for any OHV permit. I believe the OHV permit for Arizona is for the snow birds. So there is no need for a license. Most states just want you to carry proof that you own the atv, with the atv and to show proof of ownership and have the required permit for the state entering. I'm glad they shot it down. Just a greedy money maker for the state not any good for the riders. +1 for the Govenor!!

He vetoed it, but the Senate overrode the bill yesterday and passed it along. So all of your wishes to pay for something you don't see have come true! Waste of our money for nothing gained! I suppose my emails to these reps didn't help.

Since Nevada seems to be following Kali's lead, let me tell you what will happen next.

Nevada will tax and regulate every business to the extent that those that can afford to relocate, will. Then no tax revenue!!

When 1/2 a million tax paying residents leave your state every year and 1/2 million non-paying residents replace them every year, you have California.

Sorry, don't wish that on anyone.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom