Senators sell stock. Where is the outrage?

I would imagine that its been looked at and it was probably their brokers transacting without their knowledge. That’d be my guess. Quite likely no big deal, but who knows?

If any of these SOB's cheated, they should do the time. They knew something was a bad investment and dumped it off on someone else who didn't have the same info. If they did that, its cheating plain and simple.

One of the essential functions of our goobermint is to maintain an economic system as free from fraud as posssible. If you are in government, you should be held to higher standard in these matters, but definitely not a lower standard.

And I don't buy the "my broker did it without telling me" line of BS if it was an individual stock trade. All of these questions are very easy to answer. In fact, if you ever get audited you will find out just how easy your IRS thinks it is to produce, and how unsympathetic we should be when the shoe is on the other foot.:devilish:

I would be more outraged, but at the moment I'm busy with my stupid "safer at home" rules.:mad:

I’m dumping money hand over fist into mutual funds, stock on the clearance rack. Advantage of being a young investor. Like the Stones said, “Time is on my side.”

Last edited:
Usually once a public servant such as a senator or rep learns of information it is considered public information and therefore not considered insider trading.

When you write the rules of the games, you write them in your favor.

DOJ investigating Congress for wrong doing? That would be like Tristate investigating me for poaching.

Or, that would be like the FBI investigating Hillary.

Last edited:
Feinstein's stock was sold by her husband. Martha Stewart went to jail for less. Bunch of crooks. Like Hillary wiping her server clean "with a cloth?"

at 34 seconds

I’m dumping money hand over fist into mutual funds, stock on the clearance rack. Advantage of being a young investor. Like the Stones said, “Time is on my side.”

This. I’m torn on the Senators. Yes they had access to information that others didn’t. At the same time, I moved a bunch of money before things started tanking because I thought it was pretty apparent we were going to take a hit between the market being overdue for a correction, and the upset to global trade coming with COVID-19. Its not like it was a blindside if a person was paying attention. Of course many of the moves made by the senators were pretty specific to things that were about to happen. I’ve started buying some stocks that I think have potential for big gains compared to the market at large. I rarely play with individual stocks, I’m more of a mutual fund guy, but it seems like the time to do it. Even if we haven’t found the bottom yet, any money going to into the market now will almost certainly do very well over the long term.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom