Serial Poachers

BUGLMN

I've been checkin this site out for quite a while, and finally decided to join. My first post is pretty crappy, but needs to be posted. I hate poachers like I hate theives. So here it goes.

This is in southwestern Oregon in a trophy roosevelt unit. Not that it matters.

"Two more bull elk were shot and left to waste in the Glendale area, bringing the number poached in the area since last October to six.

Early Thursday morning, a local resident out walking found two elk that had been shot while standing in a clearing just off McCullough Creek Road, according to the Oregon State Police. Locals reported hearing three shots shortly before 4 a.m.

A five-point elk appeared to have died shortly after being shot and had gone to waste before a trooper could salvage it. The other, a six-point, was still alive when troopers arrived, but had to be killed. That elk was salvaged and the meat was given to a local charity.

Fish and wildlife troopers believe the same suspect or suspects are responsible for all six illegal kills. A seven-point bull was first killed in October. In March, three more bulls were shot. The four bulls were shot in pastures within a mile radius in the early morning daylight hours.

A reward of up to $6,000 still stands for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. The reward was set up by local land owners, elk hunters and the Roseburg Chapter of the Oregon Hunters Association. Anyone with information is asked to call 440-3334, ext. 3417, or (800) 472-7888."

BUGLMAN, Welcome!

Hope somebody turns the SOB in. 6 grand reward, that just might do it. Hope so! Good post!!

Joey

BUGLman, nothing crappy about your first post, only the POS that it's about. Hopefully, someone will catch this low life theif before too much more time passes. That's a terrible waste, and hopefully the POS will be caught before he kills another animal of any kind.

Welcome to Monster Muleys. I look forward to reading your posts in the future.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-13-08 AT 05:09AM (MST)[p]Felony charges should be brought agianst ALL poachers...

Of course they will charge them with a few violations and when it goes to court some of the charges will be dropped or deferred.

And although the person may be fined several thousand dollars and they take the weapon he used away he really just walks with a slap on the hand.

As he serves no jail time pays his fines and can continue to own firearms. Wait they all took his hunting privileges away. Big deal as he did not seem to care about them in the first place.

If ALL poaching in ALL states brought FELONY charges and were prosecuted to the fullest of the law, I do not think it would take long until you saw a sharp decline in Poaching.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

It is refreshing to see that the Roseburg Chapter of Oregon Hunters... are the ones putting up the reward money. Sounds like they are putting their money where their mouth is. That is an organization that really is stepping up and trying to make a difference. 6 elk dead...and for what?

Steve

This act is far beyond "poaching". This is wanton slaughter of game.

At least the poachers I have been aware of, take the meat to feed a family.

Guys that simply shoot these animals or take the antlers and leave everything else, are beyond poachers and should be prosecuted as such.

welcome to the group great post poachers are one of the lowest forms of life and we need more people to get the word out a things like this. as much as I hate hearing about these incidents. they happen all too often.

good luck and great memories in the field

LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-08 AT 10:18PM (MST)[p] I think they should cut all their fingers off when they catch them, so they can't pull any more triggers. I bet it's at least two poachers doing it together. Welcome to the forum.

Just an update. They found a third dead six point the next morning about two hundred yards from the first two. This bring the total to seven dead bulls left to rot.

They now have the reward up to $10,000 lets hope they start bragging and someone needs the reward money. This is a terrible loss to the real hunters in southern Oregon. We recently had a poaching ring busted that consisted of teenagers and they filmed some of the kills. They killed more big blacktails than most of hunters ever see when out hunting (during legal hours). They couldn't quit bragging and they got caught... Hopefully these creeps will get the same thing. No matter what the punishment will not be harsh enough.

Aim small miss small!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom