Serious question about illegal immigration.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Say a group of 10 illegals slip across the border in the dead of night. For the most part they don't speak English.

After they cross the border where do they go? How do they get where they are going? They need a place to stay and something to eat at the very least.

I'd guess that's part of the 7-10k they pay, or they got a sub contractor that pics em up and hauls them to a jobsite and they work off the ride to Colorado.

#livelikezac

The one's I have run into WNW of Sasabe, AZ speak basic english. They cross the 3 strand barb wire "border fence" and walk north. Maybe they have a bigger fence now, haven't been down there in 10 years. A few have asked which direction to Three Points, it is about 50 miles north of Sasabe. They walk there on fairly well established desert trails. There are some "good samaritan" water and food caches along the way. I assume they have transportation arranged once they walk around the border patrol checkpoint on Hwy 286. Lots of red bull and fruit drink cans litter the area.

A lot of different ways.
most have someone that picks them up once they get past the border check area. I have stumbled upon many camps in the desert around where I live. Or have family in the border area, that happens a lot around here as well. Or as mentioned, contractors or farmers pick them up, because they do not want to pay minimum wage.

*We are all in the same boat, just
wishing to be hunting right now!*

They either pay...cash up front or somebody in the group knows the way.

Actually no, there is another option, watch the movie "End of Watch." They can also be taken to a house and held hostage until the "Fee" is paid. They call somebody who is already working in LA, Denver, Chicago or somewhere and they pay for them via Western Union.

Trust me, if caught, everybody in the group knows better than to let any details out about the organization. They know that they aren't dealing with somebody that is overly concerned w.their health.

Nowadays you don't even need to know the way.
A $100 GPS will guide you...

But, when you have made the trip 5x...you pretty much have it down.

Those are pretty much the options.
John 14:6

As far as food...a gallon of water, a can or 2 of food, each, some tore-till-ers and they are good to go (tortillas), for days.
They will drink water that would almost kill you and be fine.
John 14:6

Not sure about a group of 10, but each one has a place to go or they wouldn't cross. Maybe a group of 10 has a paid coyote that takes them to a drop house and a relative pickes them up, hence their place to go.
I'm around a lot of Mexicans and always ask their story. Once they are comfortable with me of course. Most I talk to don't trek across the desert, they are picked up right away on our side of the border. From there they are at Aunts and Uncles or other friends or relatives houses in places like El Paso or other border towns. From there, they are picked up or taken to other friends or relatives anywhere in the U.S.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom