Serious trail cam questions

Cookie2

Very Active Member
Ok guys, after this year's bull, I have to step it up a notch or two and get serious! I am going to use my shed hunting trips as scouting time and set out trail cams and locate watering spots as our season is a little early to use the calling method for hunting. I have a few questions about trail cams that I have not been able to find any answers to anywhere. First off I am looking at getting several cameras and don't have too much money just laying around so price is definitely going to be a factor! I'm not looking for the best image on the market. I just want to be able to judge the quality of the bulls in the shots so a 6.0 megapixel is not necessary. Also, do different cameras have different reaches? How close does an elk need to walk to the camera for it to actvate? If anyone has any advice as to good and bad experiences I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys.

I have the Moultrie IR40. Great pictures but a little slow on the trigger time. Works great on more straight on shots, but 90's seem to miss a lot even in three picture mode. It will take 4k+ pictures in High Resolution with a 50.00 4gig card. The IR works great but range is 35' max to ensure a trigger.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom