Services in Veyo/Pine Valley unit?

Calbuck

Wondering about gas/diesel/groceries/ice etc in the unit? We'll be heading down on the 21st. Thanks!

They have a gas station, dollar store, convenience store, a couple restaurants and the best pie at Veyo Pies. Hop on Google maps and you can see if there is anything else.

The pie is good but if you want a good burger and fries go to Marv's in Enterprise. I will be down there on the 21st as well. I spent most of the muzzy hunt there and just got back Saturday after spending three days on the early rifle hunt.
How are things looking down there?

Thanks for that info..most dirt roads in Nevada and various other states are far better than our highways in CA :ROFLMAO:
The crestline road is a good road it has been Hammered on the Utah side this last week but if wash board don't bother you it's good

Thanks everyone for your tips. Unfortunately we didn't make it into town for pie. Tough hunt! Son took a nice small 4x4 which was the biggest buck we saw the whole hunt. Saw very few deer with exception of near Veyo on the flats..all does and a few spikes and baby forkies. Not what we were after. We saw a couple deer that may have been 3 yr olds, including my boy's deer. Cool country, sad to talk with the locals about how "it used to be".. Lots of nice people and we fully enjoyed our trip! On to Nevada cow elk!

Thanks everyone for your tips. Unfortunately we didn't make it into town for pie. Tough hunt! Son took a nice small 4x4 which was the biggest buck we saw the whole hunt. Saw very few deer with exception of near Veyo on the flats..all does and a few spikes and baby forkies. Not what we were after. We saw a couple deer that may have been 3 yr olds, including my boy's deer. Cool country, sad to talk with the locals about how "it used to be".. Lots of nice people and we fully enjoyed our trip! On to Nevada cow elk!
Thanks for the update! It's been a tough hunt for me as well. I have hunted the unit off and on for almost 20 years. This is the worst I have ever seen it in that time period. On a positive note, it seems like there are a lot of fawns this year (more than last year). However, it will take several more years of reduced tag numbers to recover this unit. If I remember correctly, they issued over 800 rifle tags last year on PV. It was an absolute zoo.

I Haven't Even Been There!

But If You Wanna See PISS POOR Deer Numbers Come On Up & I'll Show You Around The South Slope!

Low Deer Numbers Would Be an Understatement!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH But The Opportunity!

My experience 2 years ago to a tee. Cool country, bucks few & far between.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom