settle a bet for me......

steelie

A freind and I are having an argument about the correct pronuciation of "Coues" - I say it is said "COWZ", he is sticking with "COOZE". Who is right, or are we both wrong? Thanks

thanks casey, so what your saying is we are both right? Thats not going to help our argument....lol....BTW - neither of us know what we are talking about when it comes to coues, the closest I have been to one is my computer screen......neat deer though.

yeha you are both techinally correct but cooze is more correct to anyone that knows anything about them, so u should win the argument, they are really awesome deer, im going scouting tomorrow morning
casey

Actually, Coues should be pronounced Cows and that is the "proper" pronunciation. There are some die-hard Coues deer hunters that pronounce it Cows but the majority, including me, are pronouncing it wrong when we refer to the Coues deer as Cooz deer.

Drummond

Dr. Elliot Coues was stationed at Ft. Huachuca in the 1800's with the calvary. It is pronounced "Cows", not "Cooz". I am also a school teacher. People who pronounce it "Cooz", don't know how to decode words. Do you call a mouse a "moos" ?

I asked the local French teacher last year, and she said cows, with an "s" sound, not cowz, with a "z" sound(like plural bovine). I'll just stick to cooz.

Doug/Red Rabbit

I dont really care what you call the 120" buck I am going to kill this year.........LOL.......you can call it a cows,pig,hog,MONSTER or COOZ as long as he has tons of bone sticking out of his head............if anyone cares, I call them cooz deer............. Allen Taylor......

The only thing I am calling the 120 inch buck you are killing this year is FICTIONAL!!!!! Bwaaahahahaha!!! I call 'em "whitetails".

Bret M.

hey Bull, we can call Buras deer a ghost, story, fabrication or myth! LMAO, Bura, I could not resist.

Drummond

I figure if the world record coues can be a eastern whitetail or muley then I will just submit a picture of some montana whitetail I shot and have you guys drooling.......LOL.....I need the computer whiz's to scan and post it for me......... Allen Taylor......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom