seven inch eye guard

A

antlerman73

here is a shed i found today, it has the biggest eye guard of any mule deer antler i have ever found..its eye guard is just a shade over 7 inches long..its main beam was 23 and 7 eights..it has 3 extra points all about inch and a half long..

fa57809b.jpg

ya, thats what i thought too, but there is no whitetails in this part of the country...definatly a muley..here is another pic

fa5780a4.jpg

Thats insane. Thats by far the largest eye guard I have ever even heard of on a muley!
Great find.

-Cass

dang that is sweet, it is fun to find those unique ones, the biggest i've found is probably 4 to 4 and 1/2 , i'm at work so i can't measure them, i have the set i found the one and the other side was dropped in a neighbor's yard under an apple tree, it was given to his neighbor who was gracious enough to give to me, especially seings he is an avid shed hunter also.

Great find! That looks brown, your bucks starting to drop already? I have not seen any baldys yet, though a friend swears he saw a huge forked horn missing one side.

its not brown,just the side laying down had a littl color left,,its 3 years old the side that was up has some cracks starting in it..

Antlerman73,
I don't know how to repost a pic. that I posted befor, so I'll
go back and pull it back to the top, it has double 7-1/2" long
eye guards. it is fron April 11, 2003 "shed pic".

NVMDF

Although not a shed, I think this qualifies as a long browpoint, I'm guessing around 9 inches... from a picture I took a few weeks ago.
fa559f2d.jpg

hell that almost classifies as a double main beam!! id love to find that shed,,,nice pic

NVMDF
I was standing on a cliff above him. He's an easy 200+ nontypical with a few extra cheaters. I'll post a few pics of him and his buddies next week.

I killed this buck in 1997. It has a 6 5/8 inch eyeguard on one side a a 5 1/2 incher on the other side.

fa532a2f.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom