Severe winter

John_The_Bastard

Hello Fellow MM'Rs
While perusing the internet today I read an article about the severe winter and its harm to wildlife populations. I'm referencing 2017. My cousins and I have Colorado unit 61 cow elk tags and I was wondering if anyone has noticed whether there is a noticable loss of animals there. The article said in some areas fawns and young animals had severe declines due to deep and long lasting snow. We will be there either way but I could not help but wonder.
Thanks for any comments. Summer has just arrived here in Southern Illinois but Muzzleloader season is 2 months and a week away! Time to get serious!
J_T_B

The wintering areas of 61 had a pretty mild winter. You should be fine. If you are worried about elk populations in 61 buy a bear tag and thin those suckers out a bit.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-17 AT 03:46PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-04-17 AT 03:34?PM (MST)

Here there John. I seen this post and while reading it I thought "wonder if one of his cousins is a coyote huntin dog running hunter who used to come up here to Nebraska years ago to go to a horse ranch in the Sandhills"? I know (pen pal) a gentleman from Illinois who goes to Colo with his twin brother and cousin to hunt elk cows in 61. Are you the one who had a wild ride in Colo last year?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom