SF088...getting crazy

Interesting.

Man, can you get the draw order reversed, NR draw first? My comments went nowhere, lol.

Sure, this new amendment to SF0088 is all you and the political prowess gained from 20 hours/day on internet forums.

Except that this new design (at points > 19, cube BPs, then multiply x 1.2-2) is clearly nothing at all like the Buzz 50/50 plan that you were pushing.

Sometimes, things happen and it had nothing at all to do with you.

No-good residents indeed!! (LOL)

It applies to residents only. Nonresidents need not get excited.

"For the period beginning January 1, 2027 and ending December 31, 2032, the game and fish department shall assign bonus points to resident applicants for the random drawing for moose and ram bighorn sheep licenses issued under W.S. 23-1-703(b), as amended by this act, as follows for applicants with the specified number of bonus points"

Unless I am missing something...

Sure, this new amendment to SF0088 is all you and the political prowess gained from 20 hours/day on internet forums.

Except that this new design (at points > 19, cube BPs, then multiply x 1.2-2) is clearly nothing at all like the Buzz 50/50 plan that you were pushing.

Smarten up, all is not what it seems. :ROFLMAO:

Right, because Cyrus Western wasn't on the phone with the right people for the last few weeks...

How many times did you talk to him during the process?

Ok I got till 2027 to burn some points. Gonna have to really consider a new area and plan

Know things change and there is not a thing some of us can do about it. It is nice the high points guys are getting a little better deal.

A few of us no good Residents have been applying some pressure to SF088 and are having some results.

Which is strange, with what, you know, not having any influence over legislation.

Buckle up...

So cubing the upper tier BP levels and adding the multiplier significantly changes BP values for those individuals. A person with 25 BP's would increase the number of times his name is in the hat by a factor of 55 over a standard squared BP system! Therefore making this a lot more like a PP system than the original SF88 Bill. A bit of a hybrid of the two systems. Is that the idea? Assume the 5 year sunset is to burn through the top level BP holders as quick as possible and then it just defaults back to the worthless BP system. Making this idea a lot more palatable to the high point holders?

No-good residents indeed!! (LOL)

It applies to residents only. Nonresidents need not get excited.

The omission of NRs from BP-cubed * X almost seems like an error at the committee level. The house can still fix it before voting on it and then sending it back to the senate.

Too bad we don’t have someone so politically connected that they could explain the House COW’s logic with only including residents.

If NRs were included, this would get a few more potential plaintiffs off the table by 2032. But this doesn’t even come close to fixing the entire $50M NR money grab on NR m/s points that is being pulled off by the state of Wyoming.

The omission of NRs from BP-cubed * X almost seems like an error at the committee level. The house can still fix it before voting on it and then sending it back to the senate.

Too bad we don’t have someone so politically connected that they could explain the House COW’s logic with only including residents.

If NRs were included, this would get a few more potential plaintiffs off the table by 2032. But this doesn’t even come close to fixing the entire $50M NR money grab on NR m/s points that is being pulled off by the state of Wyoming.
Watch and learn....you're out of your league.

Did you ever fire up your GoFundMe or still just bumping your gums??

A few of us no good Residents have been applying some pressure to SF088 and are having some results.

Which is strange, with what, you know, not having any influence over legislation.

Buckle up...

That is absolutely crazy. Those 18 point holders have a beef! :)

Weird it is for residents only though. Any reason why? Guessing because they want the non-resident money for points, but need to be "fair" to the residents? If that is the reason, could potentially backfire.

So, essentially never...what I figured.

Then how come I killed one of these the beginning of January?

20230102_181859.jpg

Once again, mouthing off about stuff you know nothing about...

What’s ironic? Because I care about all of you? Want to see a pic disappear? I have one of @jims that gets founder online faster than someone posting “I have 15 Wyoming deer points”

Nooooo.....not you. It was beautifully ironic though:

It was you pointing out someone posting a pic to prove Buzz wrong. Ironic Level 11!

I will never forget the whitetail thread, ever. Pretty sure that was the GOAT thread of someone posting pics to prove someone wrong!

Nooooo.....not you. It was beautifully ironic though:

It was you pointing out someone posting a pic to prove Buzz wrong. Ironic Level 11!

I will never forget the whitetail thread, ever. Pretty sure that was the GOAT thread of someone posting pics to prove someone wrong!
You haven’t been around much then….

Wonder what happens if they stay at PPs for NRs and go bouns points for R's?
Sounds like more residents would have chances and for NR just those chosen few with near max PPs.

I know Sommers has asked questions about current system and 50-50...

Western is applying pressure.

Been chatting with Sy as well about pressure to take it to interim.

Clocks ticking as well.

Just heard from Rep that it’s dead.
I hope we can get the system changed in the future. It sucks the way it is now, but it got way too messy. I have a feeling those with high points got extremely vocal while a lot of lower end guys sat out. I know many guys who had no idea it was even a bill and even more that had no idea how the system even works.

Just heard from Rep that its dead.

I wonder if Crampy is busy getting his retainer back and tearing down the GoFundMe WY NR preference point ponzi scheme page?

Hilarious.

Next stop, interim committee and current system 50-50 tag split between random/preference.

Next...

Oh, and BTW Crampy, I'll be the first to point out, "I told you so".

Next time just get out the notepad and pen...

I wonder if Crampy is busy getting his retainer back and tearing down the GoFundMe WY NR preference point ponzi scheme page?

Hilarious.

Next stop, interim committee and current system 50-50 tag split between random/preference.

Next...

Hey buzz think we could get it to 30/70. 30% for the top point holder and 70 for all the rest without any stupid multipliers etc.?

Hilarious.

Next...

Curious if there was any discussion on a lawsuit, even on just the resident side? Really just curious.

Curious if there was any discussion on a lawsuit, even on just the resident side? Really just curious.
Not that I heard. Lawyer on the task force last summer said what we all know, a lawsuit is a non starter...a joke.

I understand concern over switching things up for those with high pref pts but everyone that knows anything about draw stats knows that a pref pt system is bogus for species like sheep and moose where there are so many applicants for so few tags!

There were roughly 6,000 Wyo res that applied for roughly 100 sheep pref pt tags last year.

It’s pretty obvious that more and more hunters apply in Wyo for sheep tags each year and pt leaping is insane.

Given that scenario, a 50/50 system is worthless except for those with highest pref pts. The pref pt/random system was doomed the day it went into existence!

Why devote 1/2 of the available sheep and moose tags to a bogus pref pt pool?

Obviously changing away from a pref pt system is a bummer for those with high pts but offering 1/2 of available tags is a curse for the majority. I can guarantee that sheep tags are’t going to get any easier to draw even with 90/10. There are way more new res hunters moving to Wyo every year and pt leap is insane how it is!

Last edited:
I understand concern over switching things up for those with high pref pts but everyone that knows anything about draw stats knows that a pref pt system is bogus for species like sheep and moose where there are so many applicants for so few tags!

There were roughly 6,000 Wyo res that applied for roughly 100 sheep pref pt tags last year.

It’s pretty obvious that more and more hunters apply in Wyo for sheep tags each year and pt leaping is insane.

Given that scenario, a 50/50 system is worthless except for those with highest pref pts. The pref pt/random system was doomed the day it went into existence!

Why devote 1/2 of the available sheep and moose tags to a bogus pref pt pool?

Obviously changing away from a pref pt system is a bummer for those with high pts but offering 1/2 of available tags is a curse for the majority. I can guarantee that sheep tags are’t going to get any easier to draw even with 90/10. There are way more new res hunters moving to Wyo every year and pt leap is insane how it is!
So then let the new hunters have 50% chance of getting a tag I’ve already got a ram and working on a 3rd moose tag with the preference system, and to be honest I don’t care one way or the other if I draw again but I’ll still try, rather see my wife or kid draw. All point systems are flawed in one way or the other, so either play or sit out the choice is all yours!!

I hear you, but how do you tell a resident that has waited 20 years under one set of rules and was going to draw soon that their 40K valued sheep hunt now will never happen. Someone with way less points will take their tag, is that okay? Seems like preference is a bit more fair in my mind, it goes to the old who waited. It might actually give those 12-year olds starting out a better chance of drawing vs. bonus squared. Just outlive everyone and apply every year.

Is there enough time to get any changes to the current system through before the legislation ends this year? Or would any possible changes be brought up in 2024 legislation?

Let me say it loud and clear, those residents starting out applying will have 0% chance of ever drawing 1/2 of the sheep tags available with 50/50 random/pref pts.

With 6,000 residents applying for 100 pref pts sheep tags there is no way in hell new applicants will ever draw 1/2 of the res sheep tags available. Each year the 6,000 res pool of applicants also increases!

Obviously changing this is a major bummer for those with close to max pts. 90/10 was obviously a slap in the face to nonres that have invested years and $ to the faulty pref pt system.

I can guarantee that it isn’t worth it for Wyo res just starting out to invest time or $ in a faulty sheep pref pt system.

Last edited:
Let me say it loud and clear, those residents starting out applying will have 0% chance of ever drawing 1/2 of the sheep tags available with 50/50 random/pref pts.

With 6,000 residents applying for 100 pref pts sheep tags there is no way in hell new applicants will ever draw 1/2 of the res sheep tags available. Each year the 6,000 res pool of applicants also increases!

Obviously changing this is a major bummer for those with close to max pts. 90/10 was obviously a slap in the face to nonres that have invested years and $ to the faulty pref pt system.

I can guarantee it that it isn’t worth it for Wyo just starting out to invest time or $ in a faulty pref pt system.
You're full of chit.

Then how in the f&$( did I draw my second bull moose tag in Wyoming last fall with 1 point?

Random draw means everyone has a chance to draw... including 12 year old applicants.

You don't even apply, oh, yeah you did use the point system to draw moose. Now you're howling about how bad the very system you used to your advantage is.

What a hypocrite...

Oh, and learn to read the bill died, a few of us did something about that pile of chit bill. As usual you run your mouth without engaging brain...

Last edited:

I can guarantee it that it isn’t worth it for Wyo just starting out to invest time or $ in a faulty pref pt system.
Who will draw the tags then? Someone has to draw. I really think everyone needs to think if they would prefer the people in the system longest to draw or have it be basically random. That is a tough decision, but one that should be debated. I will try and run some models, but I think if you are 12 years old and in it for the long haul, you would have a much better chance to hunt sheep in a preference point system then bonus or bonus squared if you stick with it. Sure it will take 40-50 years, but you will only be 52 to 62 years old and all the older guys like us will be dead.

I don't think this is simple by any means of the imagination. The current 75/25 random is pretty fair in my opinion. Utah's 50/50 with bonus is as well. Bonus squared is fine, but the odds of anyone young drawing are low, even if they stay in the game for 40 years, just ask Buzz about Nevada.

I don't like legislation that only benefits a small hand full of people. Which senator has max points?

I don't like legislation that only benefits a small hand full of people. Which senator has max points?
None that I know of. Cyrus Western just put some thought into how harmful this bill would be to long term applicants, how much draw odds would have tanked, and how ridiculous squared bonus points are.

You don't have to have a degree in advanced statistics to sharpen your pencil and see how bad a squared point system truly is. It absolutely does not give higher point holders better odds over time, fact.

The current preference system needs modified to 50-50 random/preference. Not perfect but more fair for everyone.

The current PP/random system puts 25% of the area tags into a random draw. With that, every applicant has a chance and a better one than any other state, to draw a sheep tag. 50/50 would double that random chance for those that can't draw in the PP draw.

Last edited:
JM - You let your hatred of Jims prevent you from reading his post.

He said that 1/2 the tags (PP) will never be available to those with zero points today. The other half which are random they could potentially draw, but the HALF of the tags in the preference draw new applicants won't draw until at least very old age, and probably never.

Bill

Ok, instead of 1/4 random with the present faulty pref pt system 1/2 of the available tags would be in random with a faulty 50/50 system.

In 2010 there were only around 4,000 Wyo res applying for sheep and in 2022 there were over 6,000. What's your predictions on how many new Wyo res will be applying for sheep in 2030....2040?

I can guarantee there will be more nonres moving to Wyo in the coming years! 90/10 and especially 90/5/5 for d/e/a will prompt even more nonres to move to the great state of Wyoming!

He said that 1/2 the tags (PP) will never be available to those with zero points today. The other half which are random they could potentially draw, but the HALF of the tags in the preference draw new applicants won't draw until at least very old age, and probably never.

Bill
First, don't tell me I hate anyone. You don't know me or have a clue what I think about Sebastian.
Second, there are two ways to say what he is trying to say. The glass is either half full or half empty. Yes, it confused me how he wrote it. No one has a chance to draw on the PP side unless they have enough points. But how about the fact that at 50% random the sheep and moose odds for NR would be as good or better as any other state with a random draw?

But how about the fact that at 50% random the sheep and moose odds for NR would be as good or better as any other state with a random draw?

Won't know the true odds until we see how many apply. As long as WY keeps it so you have to front the fee, my guess is you are correct.

However, if they dont create some incentive (so points squared) for guys you have less 20PP then there is no reason to continue to buy points. Just apply the random and call it a day.

With 10% and a 50/50 split, wouldn't that be the Utah model or at least pretty close.

Its going to be fun watching Wyoming folks try to do math, Especially when you start including exponents and decimals.

Most Wyoming guys only know how to make a calculator say BOOBS.

Ok, instead of 1/4 random with the present faulty pref pt system 1/2 of the available tags would be in random with a faulty 50/50 system.

In 2010 there were only around 4,000 Wyo res applying for sheep and in 2022 there were over 6,000. What's your predictions on how many new Wyo res will be applying for sheep in 2030....2040?

I can guarantee there will be more nonres moving to Wyo in the coming years! 90/10 and especially 90/5/5 for d/e/a will prompt even more nonres to move to the great state of Wyoming!
Show me the math. I really don't think this is correct. I think a youth at 12 years old who will live in Wyoming their whole life has a much better chance of getting a sheep tag (definitely think it is correct for moose) with more preference point tags. Sure it is going to take decades, but if they stick with it and the older hunters die off, I think they draw when they can still get around in their 50s or 60s. I think their odds will be better to ever hunt sheep than in a straight bonus or bonus squared system where their odds are going to be less than 5% to ever get a sheep tag because the new residents moving in will just crush their odds. Should the new residents moving in to Wyoming in 2043 have the same odds as the youth who have applied for 20 years?

I could be wrong, but I think we could make some assumptions on the growth rate of people applying for resident sheep tags and do this math. Would need to assume ages of the current players in the game.

Yep they are now OIL but if you have any PP you are still in regardless of how many you have drawn in the past. I'm hoping for my 3rd moose license as well. Spouse has had 2 and is now out.

Bill
That's bullchit...you and madam zoltar can't predict the future or who applies where with what points.

SS GET OVER IT!

Buzz, like I've been saying for years and years.....take a close look at the Wyo res draw stats!

I understand completely how this is a pretty heated and controversial topic! It's easy to side with those that have lingered for years with a faulty pref pt system. On the other side, only a small fraction of applicants will benefit from a significant chunk of the tag quotas issued on the pref pt side. When you throw the younger generation into the mix it complicates things even further. A 50/50 random/pref pt draw screws young and new nonres completely out of drawing 1/2 of the total available sheep tags in their lifetimes. Is that important?

The WG&F draw stats table below is the random pool of resident sheep applicants. How many Wyo res are going to live 100 to 700 years of age? That's with current number of applicants and tags. With 50/50 random/pref pt there would be a few more tags issued in this random pool but in reality it makes 0 difference for those starting out applying. Adding a couple more tags in units increases draw odds by a fraction of a % unless sheep numbers suddenly explode or 1/2 of Wyo's population dies of COVID.

In 10 years the number of applicants will likely double.....20 years double again...and so on! A couple more tags converted from pref pt to random really doesn't matter. Yep, just like robbing a few tags from nonres with 90/10 for the big 5 it will put a couple more tags in the random pool but definitely won't improve draw odds. If that makes you happy....so be it!

Obviously a 50/50 pref pt/random draw is the younger generation of Wyo res hunter's worst nightmare. 1/2 of the tags will be in a pool where they will never have a chance to draw with pref pts. On the other side, keeping pref pts intact will benefit the lucky few that have stayed true to the coarse.

It's a tough decision Wyo! Now is the chance to change things in dramatic fashion or let the nonsense continue? I thing I can guarantee, nothing will make everyone 100% happy but changes could potentially benefit the highest % of resident applicants...or at least give them more hope.

Also, keep in the back of your head what happens when there is a loss of hunting opportunity for hunters just starting out and the younger generation!

My idea to kick around would be to create 1 young hunter ram tag available in the random draw..and rotate it to a new unit every few years. That way every young hunter has a chance for a sheep hunt of a lifetime! I think something as simple as that would make 50/50 random/pref pt more doable.

There are likely other scenarios that may have never been thought up or discussed that could bring parody to this heated topic.

Wyo res sheep odds.jpg

@jims read post #62. I am a NR sitting on 23 sheep points and like you don’t have a dog in this fight because we are both NR!!
In my home state with max points I have a 1 in 80 chance to draw the sheep tag I want. To me Wyoming resident random odds seem as good as any state.

Its going to be fun watching Wyoming folks try to do math, Especially when you start including exponents and decimals.

Most Wyoming guys only know how to make a calculator say BOOBS.
Really? Those are mighty bold words coming from the missing link. Must have graduated your finger painting class and got some real confidence.

I understand completely Lik2hunt. We haven't been talking about nonres. Nonres strategies and programs seem to be treated totally separate from res in Wyo. Wyo likes our nonres $ and revenue! They aren't going to do anything to jeopardize that steady flow of nonres easy money!

I get that every point system is flawed depending on who looks at it but I prefer a point system with some percentage of random tags being allocated. 25/75 or 50/50 whatever it may be. The Long haul people could get their tag with their large sum of bonus/preference points and everyone that is not on top has a chance no matter how low or high that chance may be. It at least makes it worth check your credit card or opening the draw results email. Colorado is the worse in my opinion, for ten year there was no excitement for me putting because I knew the outcome, year eleven was fun because I finally had a chance at my tag. I have had to wait my turn for several tags and I got luck on a few and jumped the line. Keep the excitement around the draw results day and all the threads titled “cards are getting hit”. Have fun.

I agree that colos d/e/a pref system is the worse for the highest demand tags but works great for the lessor demand tags. Some guys like the fact that they know which year they will likely draw tags.

Colos pref pt system for sheep and goat actually works fairly well. It takes 3 pts to have any chance to draw and then everyone above 3 pts has a little better chance. I have a feeling Wyo res would actually like something similar to Colos sheep and goat draw if they gave it a chance and looked at it in detail. They could even tweak it a little to have an even better system.

Colos moose draw is worthless.

I agree that colos d/e/a pref system is the worse for the highest demand tags but works great for the lessor demand tags. Some guys like the fact that they know which year they will likely draw tags.

Colos pref pt system for sheep and goat actually works fairly well. It takes 3 pts to have any chance to draw and then everyone above 3 pts has a little better chance. I have a feeling Wyo res would actually like something similar to Colos sheep and goat draw if they gave it a chance and looked at it in detail. They could even tweak it a little to have an even better system.

Colos moose draw is worthless.
No we wouldn't keep your dumb ideas in Colorado.

Buzz, Why did I know you would say that! It’s evident you have no clue how to figure out draw stats with different draw scenarios so have no idea about the advantages of other systems!

So Buzz, enlighten us all…..how many years will it take a 14 year old Wyo resident to apply to have any chance to draw a unit 5 pref pt sheep tag in his lifetime with the current tag quota and applicants?

Actually for resident the current system should go all random and anyone with current points would have them as bonus points until they die or draw. Eventually making the reset back the best possible case for all. A truly random draw.

I would love for a truly random fair system that has no flaws at all…

Go back to random and anyone with points already get those points as bonus points…

Actually for resident the current system should go all random and anyone with current points would have them as bonus points until they die or draw. Eventually making the reset back the best possible case for all. A truly random draw.

Go back to random and anyone with points already get those points as bonus points…
That's not a terrible idea as long as you would have to apply to keep your points until you draw

Buzz, Why did I know you would say that! It’s evident you have no clue how to figure out draw stats with different draw scenarios so have no idea about the advantages of other systems!

So Buzz, enlighten us all…..how many years will it take a 14 year old Wyo resident to apply to have any chance to draw a unit 5 pref pt sheep tag in his lifetime with the current tag quota and applicants?
Depends on too many variables to predict...

What I do know, is that if you don't apply your odds are zero, that there is the only real fact that matters.

You don't apply for either moose or sheep in Wyoming, so how about keep your dumb ideas to yourself?

Not going to happen, you have to come up with something realistic.

50-50 random/preference...done.

Simple, preserves odds for those with lots of points and gives more than 2x better odds for those in the lower point pools.

Its a win-win...and that is how you do business. Complicated pile of chit systems and/or doing away with an established system is a non-starter with the Legislature.

Unfortunately there is no such thing. Ask @Bookhead If you leave out the word fair, your statement might fly.

There is no such thing as a "fair" computer program that issues random numbers. Every single one shows some kind of preference when the lowest number is 1 every year. Hence some draw a lot, some draw hardly ever. Not fair...

There should be a method of preference for someone who never draws. Hybrid systems are my choice.

Unfortunately there is no such thing. Ask @Bookhead If you leave out the word fair, your statement might fly.

There is no such thing as a "fair" computer program that issues random numbers. Every single one shows some kind of preference when the lowest number is 1 every year. Hence some draw a lot, some draw hardly ever. Not fair...

There should be a method of preference for someone who never draws. Hybrid systems are my choice.
Agree 100% if they want to do bonus points for d/e/a for residents they have my full support

Buzz, since you aren’t capable of figuring out draw stats here you go.

In 2022 there were 1,291 resident applicants remaining for 24 ram tags in unit 5 sheep. 1,291 divided by 12 = 107 years for a 14 year old to have a chance to draw a sheep tag in the pref pt pool if applicants and tag numbers remain the same.

Unfortunately for Wyo res the draw stats tables don’t account for the 15,838 residents that applied for pref pts in 2023, many of which didn’t even apply for a tag.

It makes sense to everyone else that 10, 20, and 40 years from today there will be more and more applicants vying for an extremely low number of tags. A pref pt system system similar to 50/50 is doomed from the start!

There are other options that would bring parody with a different draw system. Elks96 idea actually has a lot of merit!

Last edited:
Buzz, since you aren’t capable of figuring out draw stats here you go.

In 2022 there were 1,291 resident applicants remaining for 24 ram tags in unit 5 sheep. 1,291 divided by 12 = 107 years for a 14 year old to have a chance to draw a sheep tag in the pref pt pool if applicants and tag numbers remain the same.

It makes sense to everyone else that 10, 20, and 40 years from today there will be more and more applicants vying for an extremely low number of tags. A pref pt system system similar to 50/50 is doomed from the start!

There are other options that would bring parody with a different draw system. Elks96 idea actually has a lot of merit!
Blah, blah, blah...you have no idea what you're talking about.

Go study some draw results, like 20+ years worth. Look at how many people drop out, miss applications, die off, average applicant age, etc.

I understand basic division is pretty tough for you, but draw odds are more complicated than that. Intuitively obvious even to a casual observer with a couple firing brain cells.

Buzz, since you follow Wyo draw stats so closely, how many years has it taken in Wyoming for resident applicant numbers to double for sheep?

The problem is there is no "fair" way to go from the flawed system without "harming" someone. Define fair.

Current system (PP 75%): Fair to those who have invested 20++ years in the system. Unfair to relatively new hunters.

Initial proposed change (BP^2): Unfair to those who have invested 18-22 years in the system. Fair to 22+. A little better for newer hunters, but still "unfair".

Buzz's 50-50. A little unfair to 22+ point holders. Little change in fairness to to 18-22 point holders. Still unfair to newer hunters, but a little better than current or proposed.

Go to totally random: Very unfair to long time PP holders. Most fair to everyone else.

And no matter what other option you come up with, there will be winners and losers.

If you care most about those who've invested the time (a smaller percentage of all hunters)- the current system is best. If you care about all hunters- totally random is best. The BP^2 and 50-50 are options in between.

Buzz has proposed a system that has strengths and weaknesses like any of the options. It isn't inherently bad. You just have to pick your poison- and with so few tags and so many demanding them, there will always be losers.

I would just say that NONE of the options are "stupid". They are all compromises benefitting some and not others.

In 2022 there were 1,291 resident applicants remaining for 24 ram tags in unit 5 sheep. 1,291 divided by 12 = 107 years for a 14 year old to have a chance to draw a sheep tag in the preference

Don't count me in this group!!! If applicants stayed the same, which they won't as you stated, then on average you would draw in your 54th year applying. I bet that number would be 1 in 100 or even 1 in 200, but no one knows because you don't know how many tags will be available. There just are not enough sheep tags currently for all residents to hunt sheep in their lifetimes. I think a 14- year old that applies in Unit 5 for 54 years with 75% of the tags given to preference will have 100% odds by then versus 50% odds in the random (which is the extreme best case). Buzz's 50/50 model is the most fair I would say, but it does not encourage building points in the short-term, think $150 non-resident points. The Utah model is probably the best with respect to fairness as well as continuing to get non-res to buy points.

Last edited:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom