SFW meeting remote attendance

dryflyelk

Gentlemen,

I'm looking into options for those of you who would like to see and hear the SFW meeting with Don but aren't able to attend. There are a few things we can do, with different costs associated. Before I commit to one or the other, I need to know a few things.

1. A count of how many would watch online

2. If you'd be willing to pitch in a few bucks to cover the costs

Please pipe up here and let me know if you'd be interested. The cost isn't the main concern, as if needed I'd cover it. Who knows, maybe we could get SFW to carve off a bit of the expo money to pay the bill. But, I need to know how many to expect. I really have no idea. Let's get a headcount.

I would watch.

Is taping it and posting online an option? Might be cheaper...I realize it would need to be done in segments.

Just an idea...but yes, I would watch and thanks for working on it...

I think SFW could/should pony up to cover the costs. After all, they have made millions off of public tags.

If there was a way to indicate to those present at the meeting, exactly how many people were logged on to watch the broadcast, I might consider that my voice and may be swayed to watch it live...

How would it be if you could announce to those present that there were 5,000 sportsman watching the live broadcast...!!! That would make it worth it..!

If taping and re-broadcasting later is a much more doable, or cheaper way to go, you'll just have to way the options...

It will probably be live, over webex. The cost goes up depending on the number of people tuned in. That's why I need an estimate. If we have >25 people, it's only $50. If 100 or more, cost is over $100. The replay would then be available through webex for as long as we want to pay to keep it up.

All this depending on web and phone access at the proposed venue.

Skype is something that I have used in the past. I don't know if it will broadcast video but I know it will broadcast audio.

At least we would be able to hear and comment about what is going on at the meeting.

I'm sure everyone would be willing to pitch in a few dollars or have someone video tape it and burn some copies. Sell them for $10 a pop or just burn a few and have a mailing list. Send the dvd out to the first person on the list who watches it and mails it out to the next on the list.

I don't think it would be hard to find a volunteer to tape it. I'd do it, but like I said before the 25th is my 10th wedding anniversary or I'd be there.

It would be great if you could find away to broadcast it acrossed the net. There are folks i know from a few different states that are very intrested in this whole ordeal..
I will pitch in some extra cash if need be..
There is alot of folks not living in Utah that are VERY intrested in how all this plays out..
A hardy thanks to all that are taking the time to make this happen..

Maybe you could aution off a premium elk tag over the internet during the meeting to draw interest and make a few bucks!

JUST KIDDING!

I would watch/listen.

Eel

We have a few other better options that are being worked on, so if Don agrees, we'll have good coverage one way or the other.

Youtube isn't an option, because videos are limited to 10 minutes in size. This one is most likely going to be about 10 times that size.

If i am not able to make it to the meeting, I will watch live. I will even kick in a few bucks for you Ben. Maybe Arctic Circle might pitch in a few bucks also.

I am in and good for a $ 50.00 contribution to the cost. Just email me an address of where to send it, and I will send it in.

I have a fair amount of experience with phone conference calls, and think you are going to have to limit non-attendees to listen in only, and not comment. It can really get distracting for everyone when comments come in over the phone.

Maybe you could set up a computer, publish an email address, and listeners could email questions, that the moderator could decide to ask or not ask.

IN the meantime, here are some questions I would like to see Don asked.

1. Do you agree that Utah department of wildlife should compile and publish on their website a complete list of the auction tags, and the amount they were auctioned for? If you do not agree, can you provide justification for information about public tags being sold through a public agency program being kept secret?

2. If you agree, will you use your influence to see that this happens starting with the 2011 auction tag season?

3. Will you publish, as was originally promised when you and others promoted the convention concept, the exact number of applications received for each of the 200 convention tags?

Thanks

Scoutdog
Mike Morris
503-317-7576
[email protected]

It appears that Don and SFW have turned down our offers to broadcast the meeting in any form. We were also presented the opportunity to have the meeting broadcast in HD and made available in its entirety on a website, and that was also turned down.

Perhaps Don can explain why they came to this decision. I'm interested to know. Sorry, guys.

They dont want any record of what they say or dont say. Pretty much a sucky deal for anyone that doesnt live close enough to attend.

respect my authorita

This is extremely disappointing. Don offered host this meeting to present his side of the story and answer any questions regarding SFW. There are many people scattered across the State of Utah (and other states for the matter) that want to participate in this meeting but don't live in the SLC area. Frankly, most people have the same basic questions regarding SFW: (1) transparency and accounting issues; (2) conservation permits; (3) convention permits and the Expo; (4) the elk management plan; and (5) hunting on Antelope Island. I would wager that these five general issues encompass 90% of the questions that people have regarding SFW. Why not hold one meeting, address all issues, and record and broadcast the meeting so that all can see and hear what occurs?

I certainly am no movie star, but I am more than willing to stand up in front of a camera and raise my questions politely and professionally. I am also willing to listen to any response and accept any questions or criticisms that may come my way. Likewise, Don and the SFW boys should be more than willing to tell their story on the record. If we are all there in good faith and we all intend to tell the truth then why not lay the cards on the table for everyone to see?

I politely invite Don to explain his reasoning on this issue and reconsider his position.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

LAST EDITED ON Mar-17-10 AT 03:04PM (MST)[p]Seems Peay-to-Play loves nonresidents when he needs a source to steal 200 of their tags for an expo, but when it comes time to answer to them about it he is nowhere to be seen. What up with that!?

This reminds me of attorneys who refuse to e-mail because it would leave a written record of all their theft and screw ups. One cost me $30,000 and he ran like hell.

This SFW scam is a disgrace to wildlife and the public in general. Can't wait to burn my deer points and leave PtP to the residents. Please god, don't let this cancer spread to other states.

Obama doesn't want his birth certificate made public either... Go figure.
This is a dissapointment. Maybe like the Expo he want the nonresidents to come to SLC to stimulate the economy. maybe charge admission to get into the secret meeting.
If he has great answers and proof of how up and up they are why hide any information that would only gain trust and membership?
You guys are Borg, you must be assimulated

Now that sure is disapointing... I would think it would be a great way to reach a bunch of folks and spread the word..
Just makes me think he is trying to hide some more..

I used to be dead set against SFW,, lately i have been checking into SFW Idaho, and kind'a liked what i was seeing and hearing here.
I have been waiting to see what happens at this meeting before i made any decisions,,well my decision is now made,, SCREW EM,,
More,n likely just cost SFW Idaho a few new memberships..

Calm down.

A full video of the meeting will be carefully archived and stored next to the 2009 tax return and the detailed hunt by hunt Expo draw odds.

Each member of the "Inner Circle" will be able to view.

Didn't you get your invite to view yet? Sorry, dude. If everyone could see the double secret items, what fun is it being King?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom