SFW Meeting....WHY?

Igottabigone

I would like to know why SFW and Don don't want any remote attendance of the meeting. Really? I can't really say that I am surprised. It just confirms what I have already been thinking. Any input? I also read the meeting was pushed back?

No need for a meeting. One guy speaking and dozens can't hear or try to talk at once...not a good move even if folks behave.

Just publish the answers to the questions at the SFW website until no one asks anymore questions. Don and whoever else has permission to speak for SFW can start posting answers today. Won't take that long if that team stays on topic as answer a question.

>No need for a meeting. One
>guy speaking and dozens can't
>hear or try to talk
>at once...not a good move
>even if folks behave.
>
>Just publish the answers to the
>questions at the SFW website
>until no one asks anymore
>questions. Don and whoever else
>has permission to speak for
>SFW can start posting answers
>today. Won't take that long
>if that team stays on
>topic as answer a question.

A-FREAKING-MEN!

>No need for a meeting. One
>guy speaking and dozens can't
>hear or try to talk
>at once...not a good move
>even if folks behave.
>
>Just publish the answers to the
>questions at the SFW website
>until no one asks anymore
>questions. Don and whoever else
>has permission to speak for
>SFW can start posting answers
>today. Won't take that long
>if that team stays on
>topic as answer a question.
>

That will never happen,,it just makes to much sense..

the meeting was going to be videoed by some friends of mine so we could post it here. Well The don didn't want it taped. wounder why?

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

Are they going to confiscate every Blackberry/I-phone? If not, you can bet someone will be recording it one way or another.

Good news is some really top secret things are on tap, I suppose. Otherwise, who is afraid of going on the record when you head up a non-profit? Yep, top secret stuff. Good times ahead.

This is extremely disappointing. Don offered host this meeting to present his side of the story and answer any questions regarding SFW. There are many people scattered across the State of Utah (and other states for the matter) that want to participate in this meeting but don't live in the SLC area. Frankly, most people have the same basic questions regarding SFW: (1) transparency and accounting issues; (2) conservation permits; (3) convention permits and the Expo; (4) the elk management plan; and (5) hunting on Antelope Island. I would wager that these five general issues encompass 90% of the questions that people have regarding SFW. Why not hold one meeting, address all issues, and record and broadcast the meeting so that all can see and hear what occurs?

I am more than willing to stand up in front of a camera and raise my questions politely and professionally. I am also willing to listen to any response and accept any questions or criticisms that may come my way. Likewise, Don and the SFW boys should be more than willing to tell their story on the record. If we are all there in good faith and we all intend to tell the truth then why not lay the cards on the table for everyone to see? This is yet another exmaple of SFW avoiding transparency.

I am still waiting for Don, Troy or someone else from SFW to explain their reasoning on this issue and reconsider their position.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

Is the meeting still happening on the 25th? Where's the guy who's driving the boat? What's the word?

I wouldn't want it taped either. In the beginning, I had no interest in being there, but now I do just to see who/how many actually show up. I personally think there are a lot of people who talk big when it only takes the effort of typing to do so, but when it comes to "really" putting effort into it, they have "other things to do". That's my opinion. Talk's cheap.

Also, in the end, I think most will be left with the same opinion you have now, whether that is FOR, AGAINST, or ON THE FENCE.

Anyway, what's the latest? Still March 25th? Where? Time?

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-10 AT 11:22AM (MST)[p]Founder:

Grizzmoose was kind enough to make arrangements for the meeting. As far as I know, it is still going forward. I will be in attendance and I would encourage everyone else-whether you are for, against or neutral as to SFW-to attend also.

I am curious why you wouldn't want to tape the meeting? SFW's position on this issue makes no sense to me.

Grizz previously posted the details for the meeting:

Date: March 25th, 2010
Time: 7:00pm
Place: 383 Colorow Drive, Salt Lake City, UT

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

It reminds me of the steroids scandal in sports.

When accused, Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire and others said they were innocent. When asked when they would take tests, they said never, basically, got offended, and dodged the hard questions.

When Lance Armstrong and Curt Schilling were accused, they talked to everyone they could to proclaim their innocence. The response was "test me anytime, anywhere, anyhow. I don't even need a warning."

Why wouldn't SFW use this as an opportunity to show a wide audience all the good they are doing? Why not put your best foot forward and silence all the critics? Why WOULDN'T you want this thing shown to as many people as you could get to watch it? What a blown opportunity. It just makes it appear that they are hiding something. SFW FAIL.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-10 AT 08:08PM (MST)[p]I'm sure with all the feelings, on both sides, the news media will be there. They can't have that many folks on both sides, with the diverse feelings from both camps and let this slip by without getting Fox 13, KUTV, and KSL there. I am sure someone has called them, and if they haven't already, I am sure they will. So I would suspect you will be able to at least see a blurb on the nightly news channel. And I don't doubt that the Tribune and Deseret News would not have a reporter there. This is the stuff those reporters love!

At least that is how I see it.

It should give both sides a chance to let the each other know how they feel and what's happening and what might happen.

Have a good one. BB

The meeting is still happening. I talked to Don on Thursday and am not aware of any changes that have been made. In regards to the meeting not being taped, I cant really speak for exactly why he chose not to.

I want to make it clear that I am not a supporter or a hater of SFW before I saw this...but I dont really see that his choice to not have the video indicative of not being transparent. The meeting is available to everyone that chooses to go. There is nothing preventing anyone from coming, taking notes and publishing what was talked about. Don seems sincerely excited to come and speak to everyone and Im sure he would welcome the same opportunity in other regions or other states.

I am meeting with another MM member who is helping me out to plan the agenda and how the meeting will be done. We hope to make it productive and be representative of the hunting community and the concerns that have been brought up here.

Thanks Hawkeye for posting the meeting time and place again.

-Travis

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom