SHED DOGS.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
With shed season just around the corner and with a lot of people getting into the shed dog craze, I thought it would be cool to see pictures of everyone's shed dogs. So lets see them. Here's my dog Daisy after she had run accross a muddy spring with a shed she had found. fatrooster.
007-1.jpg

hey rooster! it deffinately is getting close whats the snow situation up there? I am heading out to my property in your neck of the woods this weekend for a scouting trip.

Here are my two best hunting buddies. The bottom picture is kind of fuzzy, but shows that all dogs like to get muddy.

4702shed_hunt_2_2010_050.jpg

423shed_hunt_2_2010_037.jpg

Here's sako he is still in training but has found a few by himself.

8DC752AB-0A12-466B-A7D4-9FE5F8473C44-383-0000001E2BD8F874.jpg

Him with a shed I spotted and let him find last year

9BA46553-EB58-429D-8B8F-7824977A124A-383-0000001E500D2EFC.jpg

Shedhead, we've got lots of snow this year. Should be a good sheddin' season.
takeahike, if you would have named ole Sako Ruger, or Remmington, or Savage he probably would've found you a truck load of sheds by now, ha ha.
fatrooster.

Great looking dogs! All Yellers! Here's my shed huntin buddy Rager.

IMG_0270_zps1e797f50.jpg

"One ungulate's trash is another man's treasure."

RuttNStrutt

BCBoy - Do you run lions/bear with the saddleback hound? Why type is he; bloodhound or a b&t cross? Good looking dog. Preston

He's a majestic bloodhound. I run him on lions a bit. More of a pet than he is a cougar hound. He's a good shed hunter and it is handy if we encounter fresh lion tracks while looking for tine. ;)

This is jagger. I got him at the humane society at a year old and he has been the best dog anybody could ask for! He's a shed hunting fool some of you may have seen it but here's a video clip I took while hiking. jagger finds the matched side to a big set

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JAM_o7eFYy4

7418image.jpg

8462image.jpg

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

Love this post. I am curious, my children really want to get a German Shorthair and we are thinking of getting them a pup in the near future. Any of you know if there would be any chance of turning them into a shed dog? Not a deal breaker as it will be a fun companion in the hills, just curious?

I used to have a couple German Shorthair's, and though I never trained them to shed hunt, I have no doubt that it could be done. They have excellent noses, and are easily trainable.

I had a work partner that used to bring his german shorthair to work with us while we did forestry development field work. That dog was always bringing sheds back to us. My work partner wasn't a shed hunter and would get upset when I would take the sheds from the dog instead of letting him chew them to pieces. ;)

Well he did it again today! On my way home in the dark I looked overto see jagger digging in the snow acting all "boney" next thing I know he's pulling the tiniest dead head I've ever seen out of the snow!

8676image.jpg

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest have been wasted"

This is T-Dawg's first year at it. He's just over 1 year old. He found 6 this year, but he has just finally figured it out and the season is winding down. No worries though, we have a brown and shiny future ahead of us!

9916dsc00568.jpg

P.S. He's a polite fishermen as well.

6217dsc00610.jpg

Do your dogs ever get ticks. What do you do if they do or how do you check? I seem to find them this time of year.

Im thinking about getting a dog

who farted?

Tucker doesn't get very many ticks. I've been out with other dogs that get 12+ ticks on them in a single day. When I check Tucker, he's always clean. I've only ever found a couple on him(I get more ticks then he does). Maybe his hair is too thick for them...not sure.

You can get the anti-tick goo from a pet store, but it's pretty expensive.

Wow that's a gorgeous dog you have! Are you just as good looking? I can already tell you got a good shed dog in the works. Can't wait to see him with an elk antler in his mouth! Good Luck to you both! :)

dogs don't cheat, they only love what they do. tator dog is named after tator ridge on the north kaibab. tator canyon, and tator ridge. best dog ever.she sports a 182 inch side of which the other was never found. 182 in. with no eye gaurd. what the f###
2891100_2501.jpg

Hey loin, speaking for everyone here, I think we need to see a better pic of that 82"er. Maybe one at home on the kitchen counter? Ya, that's the place. Helluva shed.
Great shot of your pup in the moment too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom