shed hunter killing deer

JLTD is going to need some back up/protection, so you can pay me $25 an hour to make sure nothing happens to him while he is on the lookout.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Just a heads up. I called the dwr today, still no action. They are waiting for a guy that has been off duty sinse Saturday.

It kind of iritates me. So as of Tuesday at almost 4 pm, the dwr is still sitting on their hands, and so am I! Go figure!!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-12-08 AT 04:03PM (MST)[p]Zigga,
I get the point. That's why I pointed out they aren't identical situations. But laws aren't designed to differentiate between the size and type of the property where an event occurs.

For the record, if the story as told on this thread is close to accurate, I believe the deer were being bothered (harassed?) by Karl. I think a sensible person would not do that.

The deer would also be a lot worse off, and more than harassed if he was driving a D-9 around the property starting to plant houses. It is private property, however, and zoned I believe for housing. Wanting to cite someone for harassing the deer on their private property will simply lead to planting those houses sooner, completely excluding the wildlife. Then the deer will be in someones backyard, not on some large parcel on the side of a mountain. Will we have won, then?

The laws we have are sufficient to address the underlying issue. Writing more laws isn't the answer, but the application of some common (not-so-comon??) sense will go a long way.

Bill

Life was sure a lot better when "Traverse Mountain" was the Low Hills. A waste land with deer and jack rabbits. A place to drink beer and park with fat Lehi gals.

It was a great place to shoot rifles and saddle up for a quick horse ride. Now we have No Trespassing signs and developers. People like Krazy Karl, over-priced houses, and shed hunters. What the hell is the world coming to? Lehi sure went to hell when Micron reared it's ugly head.

Soon the Low Hills, Lake Mountains, and Tickville will be covered with homes. Most of it already is.

>Wouldn't this aply ?
>I notice at the top it
>said public or private lands.
>
>
>http://wildlife.utah.gov/news/07-02/sheds.php
>
>
>BTW, Son wha'd she look like
>:)

That link pretty much sums up the right and wrong.

<Humor>

I want to see a snowmoble doing about 50 miles per hour then stopping and picking up a shed then taking off going zig zag across a field stopping an picking up another shed. Great video to post!!!

</Humor>

Here in Washington you can turn in a poacher or someone causing great harm to the wildlife you can get 10 preference points. If you had that in Utah you all could be collecting mass preference points.

Robiland, I just wanted to thank you for doing something about the situation and calling the DWR. This has to be the best post of 2008 because not only the overwhelming support for condemning this type of behavior, but also really just making me laugh. I love Andy's comment about "us" being rednecks but the boy had on black wranglers and a green and red beenie!!! Classic, I love it!! What it comes down to is this is a guy who's job it is to keep others off the property (which is ok by me) but who feels the need to do the exact same thing that the shed hunters are doing, claiming he is doing it in love. Maybe someone needs to get some video of them and others as well that are up there as concrete evidence. I'm sorry but walking around following deer up the mountain in knee deep snow picking up antlers they drop is in my book HARRASSMENT.

Robiland-

I am glad to hear that you followed up with the DWR. All we can do is keep our eyes open, report violations and provide information and assistance to the DWR. At the end of the day, the DWR and the County Attorney will make the decision as to whether they take any action. You and I both know what we saw on Sunday. We also know what Karl told us (he admitted that he was pushing deer and made no apologies for doing it). What more can we do? Let us know if you hear anything back from the DWR.

Hawkeye

GOOD GAWD RUS!!!

I JUST SLOBBERED MOUNTAIN DEW ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD!!!

YOU WANNA CLEAN IT UP RUS???

FIRST YOU RUN THE WARDEN OFF!!!

NOW YOU'VE RUN THE WARDENS BUDDIES WIFE OFF!!!

I WAS EXPECTING AN ASS CHEWIN BY NOW???

HOW BOUT IT "KRAZY KARL"???

WHAT YOU GONNA DO WHEN YOU CATCH THAT TRESSPASSER & THE DWR WON'T DO $HIT ABOUT IT???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

RE: GOOD GAWD RUS!!!

Even the deer are wearing snow camo to hide from the idiots harrassing them! This pic was taken from a paved road out the window of my pick-up with a telephoto lens.
47b23a6529e25755.jpg

I don't know BCB, the only thing that could have made this more disgusting is if they was running wheelers or snowmobiles. I thought I restrained myself fairly well? You must be partnered up with the Karren's HUH!

RUS

This used to be such a great site, now it seems like there is more negative than positive. Someone is always questioning how far someone shot, where they shot it or bashing on how big there "trophy" really is. Theres a lot of people on here that are pretty self righteous. They have an opionion on everything. I am not here to get into the middle of who is right or wrong in this post. Most people on this post are just outraged by what happened, but I can almost guarantee that some of the people that are so righteous right now are not really that righteous in real life. There are poachers, thieves, liars, trespassers, and worse on here. If I am wrong, well oh well, I guess this is the perfect group of sportsman and women on here, where nobody has ever made a mistake, or taken a shot they shouldn't have, or wounded and lost an animal. I agree that the deer herds are struggling and I hope that some positive comes out of this whole thing. All this hostility, name calling, and berating someone who came on here to explain himself just causes more harm than good. I don't know where Travers Mt is, other than around SLC but development is going to happen everywhere, I don't see anyone complaining about that new cabelas that took up a huge area. Did anyone of you protest its location when it was getting zoned? Didn't think so. Their is no right answer here, but instead of bashing and getting all heated up work together to find a solution, don't get all POd and make things worse. All parties hurt when it comes to just bashing and name calling. WORK TO FIND A SOLUTION, DON'T BE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

KARL CALLS ME!!!

WELL RUS!!!

NOT REALLY BUDDIED UP WITH THEM!!!

BUT THE KARRENS I KNOW OUT HERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE!!!

KARL DID CALL ME!!!

I JUST WANTED EVERYBODY THAT DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW THEY CAN CALL ME ANYTIME THEY WANT TO & WE CAN TALK ABOUT THINGS!!!

JUST BECAUSE I RECENTLY TOOK MY E-MAIL ADDRESS OFF OF MM DOESN'T MEAN I'M A CHICKEN CHIT HIDING BEHIND MY WORTHLESS PUTER!!!

AFTER TALKING WITH KARL FOR A FEW MINUTES ON THE PHONE I DON'T THINK HE'S THE OUTLAW THAT SOME OF YOU THINK HE IS!!!

I'LL BE THE FIRST TO SAY I DON'T AGREE WITH PUSHING GAME AROUND THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!

I'LL ALSO BE THE FIRST TO SAY THIS SHED HUNTING IS OUT OF HAND!!!

EVERYBODY SCREAMING FOR MORE LAWS!!!

WHAT GOOD ARE NEW LAWS IF THEY AIN'T ENFORCED???

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES!!! ((( WELL AT LEAST MOST OF US DO!!! )))

I HOPE SOMETHING IS LEARNED HERE!!!

THANKS FOR MAKING THE CALL KARL!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Learning from your mistakes is a good thing.

This is a great site! Hunters need to stay on the same page and when someone screws up I don't see anything wrong with a few chiming in with their disgust and frustration. Half mile rifle shots and 85 yard bow shots are bs so when someone claims to have done it then maybe they'll learn it's not a good idea after reading a few of these posts. Everybody learns something from this site regarding hunting and conservation and if someone's feelings get hurt then hopefully they will learn something valuable. It also helps people get a thicker skin. There is nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it then don't read and then respond to it. Other than an occasional troll everyone here wants the same thing....a future for hunting and the outdoors and when someone jeopordizes that, it's going to get some kind of reaction from others. That's life.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-08 AT 08:42AM (MST)[p]I don't plan to waist all my time arguing about BS...you guys don't have a wife at home to B###H at?

This may not get read and it has probably been said...

but there is a shed hunting season. You were out there doing that out of season harrasing the deer. You can justify it all you want with what you have done in the past, but you were still breaking the law and deserve to be punished for that.

You know what they say about Justification right.

Still is a good site!

Everyone has their convictions and opinions. This subject touches the core of all of us who have passion for mule deer and are concerned with their future.

Karl's intentions may be good, however my belief is he causing harm to the deer he is trying to protect.

Western departments of wildlife need to address and deal with the increasing pressures by shed hunters and enact some real solutions. We, as concerned hunters/conservationists are stewards of our lands and can not only report suspected violations, but also can write your department of wildlife and voice your concerns.

Anything that can preserve shrinking deer habitat is also a good thing.

Ed

47b30d0d4c0ec40b.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-08
>AT 08:42?AM (MST)

>
>I don't plan to waist all
>my time arguing about BS...you
>guys don't have a wife
>at home to B###H at?
>

My wife doesn't do anything as irresponsible or stupid as this so why take it out on her when we have KARL??!!!

This is classic MM.com action right here folks! Good vs. Evil and the self rightous majority who sparkle because they are so sqeeky clean.

I applaud Bess for talking to Karl and giving him the benefit of being a human being.

Karl,

You're wrong. There is no more justification for what you did than for poaching. That you are now defending it shows a much deeper moral problem.

You said, I'm willing to take my lumps. The best thing you could do is recognize you screwed up BIG TIME, by thinking you're just not quite like the rest of us (called arrogance), apologize and then shut up and don't pressure wintering deer again.

One of the kids in my hunter's ed classes used to brag about roping deer off a horse (he did win the Reno rodeo and probably actually did rope deer), but he did it in August. It probably wasn't legal, but he and the horse were in more danger than the deer.

Without the possibility of this not being correct, you killed a deer....probably several. If you want to be right....don't allow anyone in your family to hunt for several years. Buy the tag and recognize that you killed yours on the shed-horn hunt. Even if those individuals don't die, the does will abort the fawns..natural event when stressed deer are pushed beyond their limit. You may have killed 50 deer during that little outing.

Hey, smartmouth....it was WRONG. I couldn't care much less about legal, I care about right, which you weren't. DO WE NEED TO SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU AGAIN?

Don't give me any of that not man enough stuff!! It would NOT behoove you.

Well, The dwr finally called. Said they were going to go ahead and do something.

But of coarse, I was called later and said that the head guys in the office want to wait and talk about it. TALK ABOUT WHAT????????

Typical UTARD DWR.

RE: KARL CALLS ME!!!

Why don't you stop yelling at everyone in capital letters? Get off the computer and get your GED for God's sake. Have you ever strung together a cognitive thought once in your life?

You might have something good to say but for the life of me, I can't figure it out 95% of the time.

Perhaps they want to give him a warning due to his support in the past. OK fine. But next time, let the hammer fall. Gives him a chance to understand and LEARN from it. If he doesn't, bust him. I haven't followed this the last day but I couldn't get over how he and his family was still trying to justify his actions. Give the deer a break. Keep watching from a distance for people picking up your sheds. It's the sportsman thing to do. Thanks.

RE: KARL CALLS ME!!!

>Why don't you stop yelling at
>everyone in capital letters?
>Get off the computer and
>get your GED for God's
>sake. Have you ever
>strung together a cognitive thought
>once in your life?

:7 :7 :7

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom