Shed Huntin' Dangers

BCBOY

Long Time Member
I went out today to check a mid elevation area out for some tine. I was shedding some thick timber when I heard a bunch of crashing 50 yards or so in front of me. I couldn't see it, but it was poping it's teeth and huffing at me. My thoughts were that it was a black bear, so I angled across the slope to avoid it. A couple hours later I hit the road and noticed melted out grizzly tracks in a patch of snow. Makes me wonder if it was the grizzly I ran into in the thick stuff. I had hunted this same area in the fall and hit fresh grizzly tracks in late November. Probably the same bear.
Anybody else have any close encounters with the bear kind this spring while shedding?

Hey bcboy! that sounds like a scary situation, i ran into a sow black bear and two cubs like three weeks ago, here in southern utah, but i could see them befor they saw me and i was able to keep my distance and life... a filmed them and then we all went our seprate ways. but it was way cool.
AQ.

Here in CA most of the bears are at the higher elevations,so bumping into one while shed hunting would be kinda rare,although I have came across some bear sign once in a while.I have had alot of close encounters with the bears at the higher elevations,it gets the heart rate up a bit.If I had a close encounter with a big griz I would probably soil myself!

Down here the bigest shed hunting danger would be stepping on a rattlesnake.There's alot of them out this time of year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom