Shed Pups

Hardway

Very Active Member
I'm looking for a shed dog.... My question... Is it important, or does it seem to make a difference if you buy from a "shed dog" breeder? I've had quite a few shorthairs and wirehairs and I understand and have seen the difference between well bred dogs and backyard breeders, but I'm thinking any well bred retriever will pick it up?

I know a guy who has a litter of pups that are going to be excellent waterfowl/upland dogs.... Thinking of pullin the trigger.

Hardway, I got my dog Daisy from a backyard breeder and she turned out great but I feel that every dog is an individual no matter what kind of parents they have. But I also feel that if you get your pup from proven hunting lines you are putting more things in your favor for finding a good pup. Goodluck, looking forward to seeing some puppy pictures. fatrooster.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-11 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]Drew is right on the money! I purchased my pup from a breeder that has excellent hunting lines, and it is amazing at how well he picks things up. I had him finding and retrieving antlers that I placed by the time he was 2.5 months old. And Im not talking about just throwing it in the yard, I would take them out and hide them into sage brush, and in other plants, and he would find them. Which is more dificult than if he was to just walk up on an antler. One thing that I think helps, is if your dog has a excellent nose. My dog will be running one direction and all of a sudden turn and run another direction to grab the antler he has smelt. I am by no means an expert, but just thought I would give you some of my thoughts. I have a buddy that will have a litter of antler pups this spring. If your interested PM me and I will get you his number. He has already pre sold two of them.

Randall Limb
Limb Creek Outdoors
www.limbcreek.com
www.facebook.com/limbcreekoutdoors
Wac'em Broadheads Pro Staff

I've got a couple pups from my litter. 11 weeks old. Already retrieving horns. Lab/bluetick cross. Pups will be at cabalas in lehi today if somebody wanted to save the drive to green river.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom