Shed Success

luckless

A buddy of mine and I took leave today to get one last shed hunting trip into the Lincoln before it closes tomorrow. Well... it was worth it. We found a matched pair of 6x6, and a matched pair of smaller 7x7 (older bull), as well as two other single sixes and a single four. The single six is massive. The pics are on his camera, so I'll try to post tomorrow when he sends them. No true as they lay pics due to extreme excitement for first-time elk shed finders...

DC

Wow DC that is a huge day. I only went out one time this year and the sheds I found were still on the bull. :(

This was after the deer had all dropped.

Lucky,
you said "took leave" are you out at Holloman?

Congrats on the sheds!!!

Take a kid hunting. You will enjoy it more than they do!

>Lucky,
>you said "took leave" are you
>out at Holloman?
>

Yep, I'm the Base Community Planner, civil service.

DC

Alright, "tomorrow" has just about came and went--so where are those promised pics?

That's what I was screaming all day at work. I'm guessing my buddy was as far behind at work today as I was from taking leave yesterday. I'll need help posting them once he sends anyway...

DC

That's not too tough. Most pics are too large to post up, so the best thing is to first reduce them using Microsoft PowerPoint, or whatever other software you might have. If you reduce them using PowerPoint, a good size is 4X6 inches. Just click on insert photo from file, then right click on the photo and format picture, size, reduce, then right click again to save as picture.

Then click on the MM File Upload Enabled "Click here to upload your photo", browse to where you saved the photo, copy, upload, and then copy the address that the window displays and paste it into your message. Check the preview to see if it worked.

LAST EDITED ON May-04-08 AT 03:32PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-04-08 AT 03:22?PM (MST)

Still no pics from my buddy, so I snapped one of my kids holding the 6x6 set...

481e2b3d28fe9e8e.jpg

DC

New Pics

0700 - Fresh Legs - Dan
481fb54717974623.jpg

0700 - Fresh Legs - Jerry
481fb596187abe85.jpg

1330 - First Find - 6X - Dan
481fb5cf1941cf76.jpg

1345 - Third Find - 7X - Jerry
481fb6131a2bda65.jpg

1400 - Pile O' Horn
481fb6881c09c840.jpg

1400 - Cheesey Pose - Dan
481fb6c91d07ac7d.jpg

1400 - Cheesey Pose - Jerry
481fb6f51f90c1b3.jpg

Pretty Cactus Pic -
481fb72a20237a2b.jpg

DC

RE: New Pics

Thanks. The trip was a blast. I just couldn't see letting the LNF close without a good full day of shed hutning. The only problem is that by the time we get back in, it'll be overgrown and the sheds will be aged...

DC

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-08 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]DC,
Well said. I finally signed up for access to this site. Some good info out there. Don't forget about the broken spike club making our total 8.

LJ

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom