Sheep 482, 622 question

atnvol

I probably am going to apply to either of these units for sheep as the terrain is not as difficult for my age (57). Which of these two would be the better choice for an archery opportunity at a ram? Are they both basically the same? Anyone hunted either? Is there any Montana res. that knows that country wish to share? What would that country look like to someone who has never seen it? What town is near 622 that might put up a fella for a late summer scout? Regards, Mike

Mike:

Last year we hunted sheep in 482 with a friend who had the tag. It can be tough to get to where the older rams are. Private ground in some locations makes for some long hikes, and where the sheep are, those hikes are pretty steep up and down.

Have hunted elk in 622. Better access, and easier to get to the majority of the sheep, than in 482.

If you are lucky enough to draw either one, I am sure you will have an army of volunteers to help you get to where the sheep are.

Good luck.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Thanks for the info Bigfin. I know the odds are slim for drawing, but I still like to be somewhat informed as to what the areas are like. I, like many others, have been applying for Bighorns for many years in several states. Hopefully it will happen before too much time passes. You are right about hunting and health. Regards and good hunting, Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom