Sheep After 32 years

ICMDEER

Very Active Member
I can finally quit whining. I drew a sheep license for area 5; found out today. If anyone has a strong back and a weak mind, consider being my pack mule.

Could be a year to remember!

would love to but I dropped out of sheep drawing and don't know anything about hunting them

if you decide to go guided morning creek outfitters is supposed to be a good bet, plus you might make it on their tv show.
but heck I think id go diy, if I were you.
congrats on the tag!

"If anyone has a strong back and a weak mind, consider being my pack mule."

Congrats Jim, Must be talking about your guides again?

Nope, absolutely no patience. But I am really persistent and I have quite a bit of endurance. My wife thinks I'm hard headed, but I prefer persistent. :)

Congrats to you, it took me 20 years here in Colorado to finally get one and was worth every bit, looking at him on his pedestal in the living room makes it all worthwhile. I love to hunt sheep and Id help ya in a heartbeat but I gotta see what my son and I draw first. Definitely a weak mind candidate here. Gary

Congratulations on drawing your sheep tag. I hope you whack and stack the ram of a lifetime.

Tim
Searchin' for a 4 X 4

>if you decide to go guided
>morning creek outfitters is supposed
>to be a good bet,
>plus you might make it
>on their tv show.
>but heck I think id go
>diy, if I were you.
>
>congrats on the tag!

Before you book with them please PM me and I'll give ya the phone # of one of thier Sheep hunters from last year, There was 2 hunters that did not get thier sheep and posible a 3rd out of 5 hunters.

yeah, i dont have any experience with that outfitters, was just throwing the name out, but pm him would be a good idea if you are intrested in them, because i havent used them.

Congrats Jim ! 32 years ?! And I thought not getting drawn for unit 7 Elk in 7 years was bad. I'm sure with your contacts you know who's a good outfitter and who isn't. Good luck whether you choose to go guided or DIY. We want pictures ! Chip

Congrats on your tag! I am not a sheep hunter (yet) but I do know area 5 a little. There are a few sheep that hang out on Indian Ridge and Black Mountain which is plumb accessible for the foot soldier. A trophy might be too much to expect from these areas, but a tag can be filled if all else fails. I hope your highest ambitions become reality.

Jim, CONGRATS on the tag that is great hope you take a great ram.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
Colorado, U.S.A
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Thanks guys for all of the thoughts and advice. I'm sure I'll have fun and if a ram was meant for me, I'll find him this September. I hope each of you has a memorable and successful season as well.

Jim

Congrats on the tag Jim, I drew the same area. 32 years is a long time to apply for a tag. I hunted the area last year with a buddy that drew and there are plenty of good rams to go around.

I wish you the best of luck.

Stay in touch by PM, I plan to bowhunt / scout in August. If you decide not to hire an outfitter I will help you out.

Tory

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom