Sheep Creek Help...

Ozzman

So my Dad and Grandpa drew Wasatch any bull tags after 15 years of putting in... We have hunted the same area for years and years so they were thinking it would be a good experience to finally take a nice bull out of our normal stompin' grounds. I have been doing some scouting for them up in the area, and got some trail cam pics of some descent bulls and we think we have a couple picked out. I have been busy with the bowhunt in another area, so I haven't been up to look, but I now catch word that they are going to start running some controlled burns up 2nd through 5th water starting September 1st? This all may be hearsay, but supposedly there are signs up (which weren't there a month ago when I was last up in that area unless I missed em?)...

Could someone please set me straight so I can get something figured out for these guys...

Weather permitting they are burning. You heard right.
Kind of sucks. I have a LE archery tag and was taking the last week off to hunt. I can't belive they would do this during hunting season. They did the same thing on the alpine loop 4 or 5 years ago after I had been watching a great buck. They lost control of the fire buck was gone and you could not hunt up there the first part of rifle elk. I hope they hold off until later. Once they start the burn the roads will be closed.

The rumors are true-saw the signs myself last week. I can't believe they would do this either, but I don't think they care about the hunts when they plan this kinda stuff.

I have been up in that area all week, the burns will be in 1st through 4th waters only...........unless it gets out of control. Lol

I am amzed they want to burn that area, Tie Fork is what needs a fire!!

I left my campfire burning in there, hopefully the wind will pick up. Lol J/K ;-)

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-09 AT 06:43PM (MST)[p]The burn window is 3 months, hopefully they can wait till the hunts are over.
Redfrog, I was also watching a good buck when the Cascade fire went out of control and the roads were closed. Geez, I was extremely disappointed.

You better get a good spot in 4th water, I think there is going to be about half of the Wasatch tag holders going after MR. Big. That bull is going to be lucky to make it to lunch on the rifle opener.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom