Sheep Guide Reccs?

DoeNob

On the wild chance I drew an OIL sheep tag, I'd hire an outfitter, so I might as well get in the pool.

Fees vary pretty dramatically and it seems like guys are either desert guys or rocky guys from what I've looked at.

Who are some names to research?

I was talking to one of arguably the top guides in the state, but his contract states he retains the rights to all photos and video taken on the hunt and there is no way I'm paying someone $10k and giving up the rights to my pictures and video!

Bill Lewellen. Hunted rockies with him in 2011, great guy, great livestock, had a lot of fun hunting with him and his crew, successful too.

Another one for Bill Lewellen. I've never been a client of his, but the first year they had the Ewe hunt in the Latirs I was his camp neighbor.

My buddy and I hauled in everything on our back, he was nice enough to let us use his axe to gather firewood, and use his gravity feed water purifier. At the time Heart lake had a algae bloom and our Katadyne 'pump type' water purifier wouldnt pump anything without clogging up. We owed him a BOAT load for helping us out on that one.

Around camp that night me him and his clients (one turned out to be this lunatic- http://www.ladailypost.com/content/local-doctor-arrested-multiple-charges ) sat around the campfire sipped some whisky and listened to some FUNNY stories from Bill.

The opening morning he even helped me get on a few sheep with his clients... His clients all tagged out and he seemed like he had one hell of a fun camp.

I've got no affiliated with the dude aside from this experience. All I can tell you is that if i ever do draw a Peco's tag, he will be the guy I hire. Class act and the opposite experience i've had from most of my outfitter experiences in the state of NM.

>Another one for Bill Lewellen.
>I've never been a client
>of his, but the first
>year they had the Ewe
>hunt in the Latirs I
>was his camp neighbor.
>
>My buddy and I hauled in
>everything on our back, he
>was nice enough to let
>us use his axe to
>gather firewood, and use his
>gravity feed water purifier.
>At the time Heart lake
>had a algae bloom and
>our Katadyne 'pump type' water
>purifier wouldnt pump anything without
>clogging up. We owed
>him a BOAT load for
>helping us out on that
>one.
>
>Around camp that night me him
>and his clients (one turned
>out to be this lunatic-
>http://www.ladailypost.com/content/local-doctor-arrested-multiple-charges ) sat around the
>campfire sipped some whisky and
>listened to some FUNNY stories
>from Bill.
>
>The opening morning he even helped
>me get on a few
>sheep with his clients...
>His clients all tagged out
>and he seemed like he
>had one hell of a
>fun camp.
>
>I've got no affiliated with the
>dude aside from this experience.
> All I can tell
>you is that if i
>ever do draw a Peco's
>tag, he will be the
>guy I hire. Class
>act and the opposite experience
>i've had from most of
>my outfitter experiences in the
>state of NM.

I vote for Bill as well. I've never been his client either, but I had the Ewe tag this year and I met him up there. Was a class act with giving me tips on finding the sheep and even offered to pick up my Dad on horseback when he was having a little trouble climbing the mountain.

Travis

Contract signed, thank you gentlemen.

I will only add that if you read GT Nunn's contract, it states he retains the rights to all photos and videos taken on the hunt. And he's $9500.

Whaaaaa?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom