Sheep Mount Insurance ?

Dirtbag

I am having a full body mount done on my desert bighorn ram. I was wondering what kind of value I should place on mount? I want to insure it on my homeowners insurance.
It is a B&C ram if that makes any difference on value.
If anyone has any ideas I would like to hear.....

Thanks!

I'm not an insurance agent but I'm sure they will cover your desert bighorn mount for any price you are willing to put on it. I imagine you can figure out how much it would cost to replace it? Price for plane ride, license, guide fees, etc? You likely know how much it cost to have it mounted. If your cape is ruined you obviously would need to purchase another lifesized cape. It may be tough putting a price on B&C? It may be worth a lot more to you than what a museum or someone else is willing to pay? I would make sure you get lots of photos and keep all taxidermy, guide, airplane, etc receipts in a safe place.

>I'm not an insurance agent but
>I'm sure they will cover
>your desert bighorn mount for
>any price you are willing
>to put on it.
>I imagine you can figure
>out how much it would
>cost to replace it?
>Price for plane ride, license,
>guide fees, etc? You
>likely know how much it
>cost to have it mounted.
> If your cape is
>ruined you obviously would need
>to purchase another lifesized cape.
> It may be tough
>putting a price on B&C?
> It may be worth
>a lot more to you
>than what a museum or
>someone else is willing to
>pay? I would make
>sure you get lots of
>photos and keep all taxidermy,
>guide, airplane, etc receipts in
>a safe place.

Thanks...I appreciate your response.

SCI has their own trophy insurance program. You can search their web site for details of the program. They put a value of $60,000 for a full body desert.

You usually can't insure things for "any price you are willing to put on it". You have to have some basis for the value you are putting on it that the insurance company will accept.

The SCI values are very liberal. It's an insurance for hunters and hunters value their trophies a lot higher than anyone else would.

If you can even get your Homeowners Insurance to cover them they aren't going to value them very high.

You aren't insuring your hunt, you didn't lose it, you went on your hunt. They would only be insuring the replacement cost of the mount. You can buy full body desert sheep mounts on E-bay for $3,500 to $8,500.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom