Sheep Mount

chewyman55

Howdy. I'm getting my bighorn mounted up and I'm trying to decide between an upright shoulder mount and a semi-sneak shoulder mount. I can look at the forms online but it'd help to see some actual semi-sneak mounts if anyone has one! If you've got one and don't mind posting...I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-18-15 AT 10:37AM (MST)[p]Consider wall pedestal. You can just hang it, add habitat to wall or make it a pedestal.

This is my recently finished Dall ram, looking at it straight on as it would hang on the wall. Did a little altering to get the look I wanted. I will add some habitat(rock) I think, but not too much. I want focus to be on the ram.

840unnamed2.jpg

That's a dandy ram and mount JM. Thanks! AK I assume? I like that it's looking down that steep mountain at you just as you'd see him in the wild. I had considered a wall pedestal but wanted the ram to look to the right. It seems like all the wall pedestals I've seen, orientate the head to look head on. My ram is going next to my dad's, which is a standard shoulder mount, so maybe it'd be good to change it up with a wall pedestal version!

I think sheep deserve a bit more than a standard shoulder mount.

Both of mine are pedestal...

DSC00725.JPG

Chewy

Yes Alaska 2014. Any form can be altered as you can see to get turns or different looks.

Like those mounts Buzz!

3321img0343.jpg

Your sheep can look however you want it to, as long as you choose a good taxidermist. I also think it is critical to get the right form. I really like Dwayne Dewey forms for sheep. He is a master and I would have a look at his website for ideas.

I had my Dall done with a wall pedestal and some rock to highlight it. My taxidermist altered the form to get the look I was after.

Dewey has change out heads that can be added to any other form. I really like the features on his heads and that is what we used on mine. Mine is actually mounted on a form from another company with the Dewey change out, plus my Taxidermist altered the neck for the pose I wanted.
I am very happy with my ram. He was 12 years old and his missing left horn tip does indicate he had been in a scuff or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom