Sheep or Goat processing...

Kamo

If I'm ever fortunate enough to pull a tag for sheep or mountain goat, and harvest, how does everyone process one? I have heard sheep meat is excellent, haven't heard much about goat. Typically, everything comes out boned out and on my back. When I get home I cut and wrap the BEST steaks, the rest goes to grind for burger, sausage, pepperoni. Thinking with sheep, more steaks, maybe roasts, more stew meat, less burger?
(Never heard the term "goat burger") What are your thoughts/ideas?

I DO have a goat tag this year.... I'm interested in the responses you get!! Not sure what to do with mtn goat, never had it... sheep is AWESOME!!!

i'll be interested to see as well!

i got alot of great info off of this site on my wifes antelope last year, and this year i'm helping my cousin on his california bighorn sheep hunt.

If its a young goat, it is good eating. Have tried a few her in BC. If its a old goat, good luck with the eating. Have heard they are tougher then boot leather and not very tasty.

BHB

I've only had goat once, a 3 year old billy. It was absolutely delicious! If I ever kill another one, I'd just go with the standard steaks, roasts, and burger. Maybe BCBoy or Muskeg Man will chime in.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom