Sheep Raffles / Drawings (update + 2010)

RamDreamer

Just a reminder for 2009 that there are two raffles/drawings left. One for a five person Aoudad hunt and one is for a package which includes a Desert Bighorn hunt. Links for those are at: http://forums.wildsheep.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/718104372/m/3051079182

For 2010, WOW! What a year it is already shaping up to be for sheep hunt/tag raffles/drawings. Just what is confirmed and posted totals forty-two (yes, 42) sheep hunts or tags already. (Plus there are others that I know are forthcoming and will post as information is made available.) The listing that I will try to keep up to date again for 2010 is at: http://forums.wildsheep.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/718104372/m/252100002

NDhunter,

Glad to help. A lot of folks have told me that it helps them out, so I try to keep current listings as best I can. The list now contains 47 sheep drawings taking place in 2010, truly astounding.

The 50th Wild Sheep hunt/tag related raffle for 2010 was added to the listing today, along with the 5th Mountain Goat raffle.

Ram Dreamer,

great information you have compiled. 50 drawings for sheep tags, AWESOME!

i do not know if you have these, i checked you latest listing and did not see them

At the Western Hunting Expo, under Utah section, there is ONE more bighorn permit for the $5 application fee. It will be the BRAND NEW, never been hunted before STansbury unit. Open to all who attend the expo and apply - residents or non residents

Second, under British Columbia, there is a STONE sheep hunt with Stone Mountain Safari Outfitters for Aug. 2011. This tag is available to those who have killed TWO different species of North American sheep, but never a STONE. A membership in teh Full Curl Society $40 and meeting this qualitfication and attending the first Full Curl society meeting Feb. 13 in SLC.

Three other permits i don't know if you have them becasue the outfitters have not been named yet, but there is a NO CURL Dall Sheep hunt in Alaska for those who have never killed a wild sheep before for those attending the full curl society meeting.

And, there is a 1/4 Curl Dall sheep hunt in Alaska for those who have taken ONE north American sheep before but never a dall. Once again, be at the first annual Full Curl society meeting, $40 membership and hunters in this category are in.

Finally, there is a 3/4 Curl drawing for those who have killed three different species of N. A. sheep. Those who attend the Full Curl Society meeting and meet this category are in for the hunt they lack to finish the Full Curl.

In a significant part, Because of teh conservaton efforts of Wild sheep Foundation, Utah FNAWS and SFW, the Utah DWR is proposing to open 3 more Rocky Mountain bighorn hunting units in Utah - the Stansbury unit, the Goslin 3 corner unit, and a joint hunt with the state of Nevada, the Pilot mountian unit.

As sheep hunting is expensive, exciting news to have some competition in the sheep hunting world, 50 hunters will get tags that may otherwise might be out of reach of many hunters.

HOpefully, lots more hunters will get invovled in sheep conservation, and 50 folks will win hunts in 2010. Great news for all !

thanks for the post !

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-09 AT 08:57PM (MST)[p]dkpeay,

Thanks for the additional details!

It appears that the Stansbury unit tag is what was listed as "1 Sheep Hunt - To Be Announced" on the "7 Sheep Tags will be Drawn as a part of the 200 Permit Drawing at the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo" webpage of the Full Curl Society website. I hadn't posted it yet due to lack of information. I'll get it on the list now.

The Stone Sheep hunt was posted but was listed under "North America" as no location nor outfitter had been identified. Now that you've made that known, I'll move the post under the "British Columbia" listing.

The "one quarter" hunt was posted but was also listed under "North America" as no location nor outfitter had been identified. Now that you've made the location on that one known too, I'll move the post under the "Alaska" listing.

And the "three quarters" drawing is already posted under "North America" since the location cannot be known until the winner of the draw's final sheep species needed is known. I'll leave that one where it is.

Thanks for closing the loop on all of the above with the added info!

The addition of the Stansbury unit tag pushes the listing to 51 wild sheep hunts/tags listed to date. What an amazing year 2010 is going to be!

Ramdreamer,

you are correct on teh Stansbury tag as the one TBD, now we know it is the Stansbury permit.

thanks again for compiling the information

don

The addition of the New Mexico tag tonight brings the current total for the sheep listings to 57. At this point, it appears that we'll hit a total of 64 for 2010.

If you're hard to buy for this holiday season, maybe you might want to steer gift buying folks towards some of the raffles for you!?!

Great info RamDreamer- Thanks!

Good idea for the 'stocking stuffers' too. I assume you will also have your name in the hat?

Hi PMG,

Glad to help!

I'll have my name in a few of those hats, but certainly not all. I've already been very blessed in the sheep hunting area. I'll have my wife in as many of those raffles hats as possible though.

Merry Christmas!

I haven't kept up the link and information here as well as I should. My apologies to everyone.

There have been a number of significant additions, one alteration and one deletion to the list.

Opportunities are quickly passing you by if you are not participating in the available wild sheep tag/license/hunt raffles or drawings (in addition to the regular state tag draws).

27 of the available 70 raffles/drawings for 2010 have already been concluded. People that never expected to be able to hunt sheep, or hunt more sheep species, (both men and women hunters) are winning. On this past Saturday afternoon I watched four women hunters walk away with ten of the available sheep hunts being drawn for. The luck is getting spread around it seems. So for this year, why shouldn't you just jump in? If you're in, you have a shot! Good luck to everyone!

http://forums.wildsheep.org/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/718104372/m/252100002

RE: Sheep Raffles / Drawings (update 2010)

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-10 AT 12:10PM (MST)[p]I can't hold it in any longer!

MY DAUGHTER WAS DRAWN FOR A DALL SHEEP HUNT THROUGH THE "FULL CURL SOCIETY". THANKS DON AND KARL!

(I'll gush for a minute because she drew a hunt)

This is a new group of hunters helping wild sheep and helping fellow hunters realize the dream of going on a sheep hunt.
I've known Don Peay for 35+ years and have seen the effects of his hard work. Wildlife and hunters have benefitted in a big way from the things he has helped implement. He's a win-win, git-r-done kind of guy. This group is another example of his attitude and work ethic. I have been a fan through the years even when others have taken unwarranted pot shots. I have never met a guy with more "can-do" attitude!

The beauty to this old world is everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine has never change about Don, SFW or the new Full Curl!

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom