Sheep season started! (picture)

C

cohntr6

I got to help a friend with his archery sheep hunt that started Monday. We got 1 stalk in, in the morning and closed the distance to 75 yards but got busted. here is a picture of another area we went by empire later in the day. It was steep!
We saw a lot of sheep. thanks to those that passed along some info to Andy. It was some beautiful country up there!
Jeff
P8020064.jpg

looks steep and rocky.

your friend could wait for the rut when the big boys come to the lower country, but i'll admit that if i had a sheep permit i wouldn't be waiting!

I saw 4 BIGGGGGG rams close to a place where a frog hangs out this morning on the way to work. Hint.

Jeff,
Sounds like you all had a good time. Hopefully you guys will close the distance next time. And thanks for the picture.

I hope Andy gets a ram too, he has put in many weeks of scouting. His season is only 2 weeks (Aug 2- 17) before the next few bowhunters get their chance.
He shoots a custom recurve made by RyAN Steadman in Manti, utah I think.
Not sure where a frog hangs out, but yes we saw 2 rams 2 hundred yards above the town of empire and could only watch them. I have never been good at riddles.
The picture is around woods mountain. saw a very large bear by Empire too, biggest I've ever seen.
Jeff

Jeff
At the junction of Highway 6 and Interstate 70 there is a bar called Kermits I think. Best of luck to Andy in his pursuit.

Geez Deeking! Why don't you just go and tie them rams to a bush
for those guys. There's four mature ones all 160-175ish and they quite often are seen from there to the little tunnel. I know there is some BLM ground in there. 1/4 mile means 1/4 mile.
$25,000 fine and a felony conviction for illegal harvest would confirm that.

I'll pass it along next time I talk to him, if he hasnt harvested one yet. MOst of his time has been around Bakerville (camp)and Downieville/Dumont and Empire. The little tunnel east of Idaho Springs? Sounds close to his unit boundry I think? i think it is hw 6? Anyway thanks for the info DK, BS.
jeff

Good luck to Andy!

I look forward to seeing his mount at the banquet(CBA)next year.

Later,
Vince

Saw 3 descent (165-170) rams on Republican Mountain (south side) since we last talked...

Thanks Jeff. Did you see andy chasing them?! lol. That is real close to where he put a stalk on 6 rams last monday. I need to call him and get an update.
jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom