sheep taxidermist in Idaho

powderfinger

Hey all, just getting my details greased out before my late 27 hunt. I used Bob Ulshafer (Sundance Taxidermy) for my 1993 Cali ram and he did, of course, excellent work. He was no longer around in 99 when I got a 6x7 blackpowder bull mounted, so I went with Alan Malaise (Kodiak) and he also does awesome work. But now he's moved too.

So....anyone have any suggestions for high quality work, specifically someone you'd trust your sheep to? I'll drive many hours from SW Idaho for the right job.

ps, I know this was a subject awhile back, but I could not find it in the Search feature.

thanks in advance!

powderfinger

From what I knew, Allan moved, but only a couple miles and is still working out of the same area. Unless he moved again? He moved a couple years ago but like I said only a couple miles from where he was. Is he not in the area at all anymore? He does great work! Sorry, that doesn't help with finding another taxi but just wanted to throw it out there that when he moved (at least that I knew of) he only moved a couple miles into another place with a bigger showroom, work space, etc. to work out of.

Gosh I hope you're right but I heard they moved to n. Dakota. Website still says Idaho, but phone just rings and rings. I've heard of a guy out in New Plymouth that may be good, anyone know anything? Any bad experiences? If so, pm me rather than running anyone through the public ringer. Thanks again!

i just took a great cali in idaho and im having scheiermier taxidermy in filer do it, also the other 2 tag holders are getn thier rams done there also.....fantastic work

Yes, that is an absolute dandy ram! Really holds the mass nice. Thanks for the tip, will do some research. Do u know if he has a website?

Pwdr

I have two sheep done by Scheirmeir and love them. I just shot a Fannin and it is headed to Scheirmeir's also.

Ben is very good, and it is my understanding he was an apprentice to Bob at one time.

+3 for greg heil.....Theres a reason Christensen Arms brings all there animals to him.

I think you are right about Al at Kodiak. He has done an elk and full body goat for me and an antelope and full body CA bighorn for my dad. He does awesome work. While I never recieved anything, my dad got a card from him stating he was moving to N. Dakota for an opportunity to mount more sheep through some sort of collaboration there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom